Hey

Jetra

I came here to find out if I had OCD because my aunt is insisting that I have Asperger's because of a psych test I took before I started school. I also was hoping to find some friends in the Chicago area.

I used to live in Franklin Park, but we moved. I want friends but I'm afraid to say hi.

coyote

Hi, and welcome to the forum, home boy!

I moved from Chicago a few years ago.

Could you send me a hot Italian beef?

Last edited:

Jetra

I am not understanding the linking of OCD with Asperger's.

Uhh, from what I've been trying to tell my aunt, she says I have Asperger's when I told her all of my obsessions and compulsions. I told her that I prefer clean environments, I wash my hands a lot, and I prefer order. She says that's all related to Asperger's, which I think it doesn't.

The problem with her is that, because I was diagnosed with Asperger's, there is a 0% error of cognitive assessments.

I don't know, I could be wrong.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
You were diagnosed officially, by a psychiatrist? You said 'psych test'. I have to wonder because OCD and Asperger's are very different things.

Jetra

You were diagnosed officially, by a psychiatrist? You said 'psych test'. I have to wonder because OCD and Asperger's are very different things.

They are? I think it may have been a cognitive assessment. Anyway, I told my aunt all of my OCD symptoms

- I prefer even numbers
- I like cleanliness
- I have intrusive thoughts
- I'm sort of a perfectionist
- I like symmetry
- I ask for reassurance (I asked my dad if the lawn was okay almost five times once)

And she said that these were all symptoms of Asperger's. I don' know.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member

Jetra

Well, I have two bloody hands that say I have OCD. Anything I touch, I must wash my hands. If I'm alone for long periods of time, my brain is riddled with disturbing thoughts and I have panic attacks. So, I think I know what I have.

The criteria for Asperger's isn't remotely close to me. I don't think there was ever a time I had any of the symptoms.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Um, glad I could help? Sorry dude. :/

At least you have the advantage of starting to tackle your problems early in your life. That's something.