hey im new, unsure about myself

EdgeCrusher

i havent decided how much of why im antisocial is because i get anxious in social situations, or because i dont really like people all that much. lol, that sounds bad. i have always been kind of a loner. never had many people that shared my interests that stuck around in my life. as a result i have gotten used to being alone. i am 29 and have never been in a relationship. being a 29 year old male virgin has its annoyances. all i do is play video games, watch movies/tv shows, and listen to music. i don't still live at home but i live with my sister and a roommate so i am never alone, but im alone all the time.

Dude, you're almost identical to me. And I just randomly saw your name in chat and said something. How strange.
I too am 29 (almost 30), and feel exactly the same way.
A couple of differences, I've had sex, but you're still one up on me because I still live at home.
I do the same thing though. Play video games, and watch movies, and sometimes play around on guitar.
I have had very few friends though. The friends I did have were in the past, in my high school years, so now all I do is pretty much think about the past as the years keep going by.
Anyway, welcome to the site. I think you'll love it as I do.
From my experience with social anxiety (and even suicide) forums, this one has the best community, and you're sure to get lots of love.
You can rant as much as you want. Say just about anything, and someone can relate.
I hope you'll stay.

All I really want right now is another beer though. I don't even have a car to go get some. How sad.

Pookah

Sounds kind of like me actually. I live with my brother and a roomate. 26 tho and a female. I do partly like to be alone but I don't want to be totally alone. I wish it was easier to be social or in public, but I don't necessarily want to be too social.

EdgeCrusher

Sounds kind of like me actually. I live with my brother and a roomate. 26 tho and a female. I do partly like to be alone but I don't want to be totally alone. I wish it was easier to be social or in public, but I don't necessarily want to be too social.

thats how i am. i like my alone time, but id like to find someone to be alone with. if that makes sense to anyone. i have only ever had one really good friend at a time but they all left eventually.

eternalnewb

Hi EdgeCrusher,
I'm pretty new here myself, already I have found that the people on this forum are really great. There is always someone who can relate to what you're going through. I like to be alone as well, but like you said it would be nice to find someone to be alone with.
Welcome:)