Hey all.

ShyGuy1994

Hey all. I'm new here. I'm 18, attend a 2 year community college and I'm not having a good time there. I haven't made any friends at all because of my SA. I hate seeing myself feeling lonely, sad and depressed all the time. I couldn't make friends in or outside of my class because I'm too afraid to go up to someone I don't know. Now that it's been 2 months, I feel like it's too late to make any friends now. ::(: And I also want to make friends on here too.

Last edited:

Lean_on_Me

Hey all. I'm new here. I'm 18, attend a 2 year community college and I'm not having a good time there. I haven't made any friends at all because of my SA. I hate seeing myself feeling lonely, sad and depressed all the time. I couldn't make friends in or outside of my class because I'm too afraid to go up to someone I don't know. Now that it's been 2 months, I feel like it's too late to make any friends now. ::(: And I also want to make friends on here too.

I was in the same position. I didn't hang out with anyone or talk to anyone outside of class. I was 24-25. I am very much like you where I am afraid to go up and strike up a convo with people I don't really know. Its never too late. Just try to push your uncertainties to the back of your mind, easier said than done I know. But I have found over time I have been able to force myself to just talk to people. Try listening to the conversations closest to you, when you hear something that interests you join in. By the end of my program I was at least joining in conversations in class.

I get how you feel though, and its not easy. Good luck!

21NZ

Is there any clubs there? or events you could attend? or a library? just accepted your friend request :p if you ever need someone to talk to send me a message :)

hey 2 months isn't long my friend, it's never to late to make friends, k! :p