Hey all please help me to come out of this OCD..

Soniya

Hi Friends

Can any one kindly help me with my problem. I am suffering from OCD problem, from past 2years. well its becoming much day by day.
If any one does jokes on me, i take it seriously. I am a software engineer. i have lot of stress. in my office, many teams are there, and i belong to a team WAP. in my team only 2ppl are there including me. means me and my only one stupid college. he speaks to badly, he will tell me dnt u head, dnt u understand, are u playing games with, he had told these all words while doing technical work discussion, 2months back, and he told me next day i would hav not told u like that i made u to cry.but he dint ask me any sorry for that... And i know he does it intensionally to me, i dnt no why. He only told me i do it intensionally.

Yeasteray i fought with him, telling that why did u told me like that, and i scolded him, saying u r very cheap, dirty minded. Now again and again i feel like scolding him with the same words... Well doing like this is not good i know. i told to my friend he told me, u r a girl dnt do it.else ur name will get spoiled.

and my collegue also told me last week that he intensionally hurt me, and put the blames on me intensionally. most of the time he behaved with me badly he spoke bad words...
And he knows my week points. i will get attached by ppl v soon. in case if he speaks to me nicely then again i think he has become correct then i start talking to him, but in turn he wants to know my secrets, like wht i have plans in my work, he will do cross verification, which i wont cum to know, and once his work is done he dnt care for me, he speaks to me, who r u, i dnt care for u, i m selfish he will tell me directly and go...

i really dnt no how to identify ppl or whts the problem, how to come out of it... i dnt understand wht is happening.

And one of close friend told me that, u care for other ppl a lot, dnt care for them. i dnt know what to do...
Some times i tried to cut my vanes, i felt like killing my self. last week, i cut my hand skin with blade, i m harming my self... i want to come out of this OCD.

Initially, 2years back, i used to chk whether i hav locked the door or no 2 or 3times, and washing my hand 2 or 3 times etc. but now i am not atall doing it...But some times i do it.

and a month back one guy had proposed me in my company, i told him i need 6months of time. but when i was doing my work, i was fully concentrating on my work, he without my permission kissed my hand 2 or 3times he did it. he was trying to seduce. but its gods grace nothing happened. for that i felt like killing myself, and i told it my home, and i rejected him, but still i have fear that my sister(my own sister) may tell to my life partner later in my life, i mean at the time of my marriage, bcoz sometimes she will be doing things against me.

Tell me wht steps i should take, in order to come out of OCD.

One very imp thing is that if any one does bad to me or if they scold me i will scolde them once, and again i feel like scolding to them again and again, this is not correct. i think that whether they hurd wht i told or no...

Regards
Soniya

rodinski

1. Go talk to a government agency that offers councilling.
2. Go talk to a doctor about seeing a nutrionist, or anyone else that could help you.
3. Refuse to take any medication.
4. Exercise, heat healthy, and work with these people on finding 2 solutions:

1. One for your body, and 2. for your soul. Those are the two things you need to focus on. First being your body. Eat healthy, and I mean, HEALTHY. Talk with a nutrionist on the best died for a healthy mental state of mind. One that is also VERY low on sugars. OCD paients tend to metabolise sugars at an abnormal rate in teh brain.

You want things that help the liver, and pancreas, and especially the hypothalmus and thyroid. You want foods to relax you as well.

2. Is the mind. Here you need someone to probe you to get "issues" in your life resolved. If your OCD isn't centered around a depleation of the brain. It is centered around events, issues, etc. You weren't born this way (OCD, yes, but not the part that is affecting you), and only developed such distresses later in life after being exposed. Learn to deal with it by helping the mind. GL man. May God be with you. :)

rodinski

One very imp thing is that if any one does bad to me or if they scold me i will scolde them once, and again i feel like scolding to them again and again, this is not correct. i think that whether they hurd wht i told or no...

I'll tell ya a story before I shower and get to bed.

I liked this chick, I liked her a lot. She was the absolute world to me. I knew she wasn't perfect in any means but she was perfect in her own imperfections. She was perfect mainly for the fact that she took me away from my OCD. Not once did I ever truely interact with this woman, and would always want to interact with her.

Eventually I go on medication and I tell her I'm in love with her. I said all these great things and then she played me.

I was so mad, and countless times I would message her and tell her how upset I was. I was labled a stalker when I did no such thing. I never went out to harm this girl, I even avoided her to give her space. Instead she just sat there and caused more pain. She degraded me, turned my friends against me. I had no one, and it hurt. I have a troubled family, who are abusive and manipulative in many ways. I made 1 friend that lived over 5000km away from me. Talking to her helped a lot. During this time these people, the ones that scorned me, criminally harassed and eventually stalked me. But I didn't do anything about it. Instead it effects me every day and makes me feel horriable. I'm extremely unhealthy, massive social anxieties, and I'm lucky these other symptoms the meds were causing are deminishing (I'm off the meds for 5 months and still having some side effects).

One thing you gotta understand is that you don't want this to escalate. You don't want to get into a state I got into. You need to block this guy and don't talk to him unless under a professional matter. If you send him messages, turn off your computer for good.

I'm tried.....im sorry, i need to get to bed.

Soniya

Hi

i have blocked that guy already....

As u told i have started to eat very rich food, good for my health, like fish, grain fruits etc...

To say i had been to some 2 to 3 doctors, but no use.
1) 1 doctor told nothing has happened to u....
2)another one sujested me the medicine, i told i wont take any medicines for this, i want it to go with out medicine.
3) the 3rd doc told me to exercise, and pray to god...

And i go in to my past thinking abt that guy who tried to seduce me. i feel too bad for that, he just kissed my hand i felt too bad, and he tried to seduce me, in that case even i allowed him to kiss my hand, i feel i have done a sin, i am a girl of sort, who dnt like these things...i have decided only my life partner can do these things with me, other than him no one should touch me....

I feel bad for another one thing, i dnt have much friends, a very few friends. yes i dnt want to escalate it further.

Regards
Soniya

Soniya

I have alreay spent lot of money to doctors but beyon this i wont spend.. So i came to this forum, thinking i will get help....which kind of exercise i need to do?

i dnt know why the hell i take jokes serious...

I want to come out of it, and i am ready to follow the steps u ppl advise....

Regards
Soniya

rodinski

I have alreay spent lot of money to doctors but beyon this i wont spend.. So i came to this forum, thinking i will get help....which kind of exercise i need to do?

i dnt know why the hell i take jokes serious...

I want to come out of it, and i am ready to follow the steps u ppl advise....

Regards
Soniya

These shrinks get paid lots of money. Specifically tell them to do their job and research a solution. Don't sit there and accept crap answers like that.

You pay them for a service. If they are so uneducated that they don't know anything else instead of exercise and pills. Hell, you could easily replace them and actually provide better service to most people then that.

You go there for help and usually they don't get indepth with you. You literally need to force it down their necks (not literal literal speaking). If that is all they know their profession should be taken from them and thrown out. Horrible doctors you went to.

Keep with the food though. But make sure you have NO sugar in your diet. Analyse it to death to get all forums of sugar out (except natural sugars from fruit, and even then, don't eat too many sweet fruits). And keep to the exercise.

And vent when needed. But vent to the right audiance. Either by yourself or basically here.

Feathers

Soniya, I'm not quite sure what you are asking about here.

OCD is not the same as self-harming, though some people may do both. It helps if you google both OCD and self-harming and learn as much as you can. There are articles and helpful books on Amazon that you can learn from.

What is your OCD about, is it thinking obsessively about other people or what happened?

It sounds like you might have had harassement at work or just rude people with remarks or bad communication techniques, and a lot of guys (some of whom may be very inconsiderate, or just thoughtless) where you work.
There are tips online and in books how to deal with harassement too. Maybe google 'harassement work' or such? There are websites and organisations that can help.

Your colleague may have a problem with working with a woman in a male-dominated industry. Also, he may be old and afraid for his job, or young and stupid (?) It would be good to know what is 'behind' that behavior. There's a bit about this in the book Dealing with Difficult People (long version) by Rick Kirchner and Rick Brinkman, see if it's in your library or look it up on Amazon/GoogleBooks.. There is one example specifically about a woman whose co-worker told 'jokes', if I remember it right.. some 'jokes' can be very hurtful' without the other person realizing or admitting it..
There may be other, more relevant books or articles too..

Can you get transferred to another team? Is your work otherwise okay, or are there things you could improve? Criticism can sometimes be valuable and help improve performance, some people don't know how to give it. Insulting isn't a good way to give criticism, some people don't know how to do it differently. There are books on how to deal with criticism (or give it well, or ask for it in an effective way - ie suggest or ask for ways for improvement) too. Check your library or Amazon.

There are ways of communication that are more effective and can work better. Also try to ignore the guys as much as you can until you learn more about this. As for the guy who is a maybe-fiance: if you really hated your hand being kissed, then maybe he's not the right person for you?

In Western world kissing your hand is no big deal. Don't know where you live? Maybe just consider marrying someone who is tolerant and open-minded? Perhaps even from a different (more tolerant) culture?

What kind of culture and society do you come from? Are you and your family very religious? Laws and opinions may be different in different countries too..

Please consider writing with the help of a spell-checker, so it will be easier to read your post next time.. :)

Soniya

Hi Rodinski

S I m much religious, what to do, from my childhood days I am like this, I am from India. But from past 4months I am staying in London, as my company has sent me to London, well now another 2more months I am going to stay in London.
Well I am from Bangalore, India. I am software engineer. I am very hard working and a good s/w engineer.
One more thing, here in Bangalore u find the Doctors eating money, “money can buy medicine, not health.” Till I completed my college I was very fine enjoying my life, when my college was getting over I got attacked by this OCD. What is the use of telling to such kind of ppl to do their job, after paying money, they will tell not to come again, I have see some people to whom the doctors told like that.

I hope now my spellings are correct, I have checked 2 times… Because of this stupid OCD, I lost my many friends…. I have another one friend of mine, he is my best friend, he is married and having 2cute kids, who are of 15 and 17years old, actually he is my teacher in college, now he is like my friend, he is my very best friend, I tell him each n everything, some time he will make non-veg jokes I too like it, and he never touched me(i.e he told me he respects me a lot) some time I go to his home and talk to his wife his kids enjoy a lot. But just 2days back, after his work he was going back to home, I was talking to him on phone, I told ok bye enjoy, he told me to enjoy a girl should be there I told ur wife is their. Then he told that is common, still outside to enjoy its better to have a girl, he was joking we both were laughing on phone, and after that he kept. And yesterday I got a bad thought abt him, thinking that he is 45 to 50 years old is he not loyal to his wife, I felt like calling him and talking to him, like did u had an affair with any girl after marriage? Still many more bad things abt him I felt like asking him. But he is my very very best friend.i dnt want to leave his friend ship. But look any me, b’coz of OCD how I m doing… he is my 12year old friend. Some times he will tell me that, if I was ur age I would have married to you. And once he told me that he had hugged a girl, it was around 5years back he had told me.

You go there for help and usually they don't get indepth with you.<----S u r right I go to those doctors for help, but they dnt get indepth. Now for me every day is become hard to spend, feeling totally help less, my heart says me I WANT TO LEAVE AND LEAD A GOOD HAPPY LIFE. My mind says, wht stupid life u r leaving, it better u leave this earth, just commit sucide, felt like taking poision, or cutting my veins, but my heart told no u can cum out of this OCD…. And the GOD who created me he too seems to be helpless. I did prayers to him, he is not listening, tell me wht shall I do,
S I went to horrible Docs. Well Bangalore is horrible. In London I dint go to any doctors, as I dnt have so much of money.
If I eat sugar what will happen, ok I will stop, here in office we deink tea(which has caffine+sugar also) its bad I know. Now I wont drink it. I eat dry fruits a lot like figs they too are sweet. Can u please list some food for me and tell which all I can eat. I also eat fish, I go n purchase from hotel, which contains oil.
Exercise I do some times and I dnt do, I think I dnt have will power… I wont get up early, that’s my problem, I m lazy I feel.

What is your OCD about, is it thinking obsessively about other people or what happened? - s u r right, u identified very well my problem. U r GRT. I think abt other ppl a lot.
The guy who kissed my hand is not my fiancé, thanks to god that idiot is not my fiancé. He was just behind my beauty. As I am beautiful, s im beautiful, my entire company says that I am beautiful. Well I am not praising myself, but now I may loose my beauty, due to this OCD, I have stoppend taking care of me.

Kind Regards
Soniya

Feathers

Hi Soniya

(Not sure if you were talking to Rodinski or me, or us both, I'll just reply anyway :))

You are beautiful. You are a software engineer, and a good software engineer - WOW!!
I really deeply admire you!

Know that these problems may be just temporary..
When I was at college and under stress because of an exam or something, I used to obsess about guys a bit, and usually it stopped after the exam or the stressful situation was over.

It was on Oprah once, a guy said how he started thinking about other girls (when he was happily married!) when he was under stress because of something.. And I was like Woah - so true!

So moving to London while interesting and fun, can also be a bit stressful, there may be culture shock etc. Do you know any good girl friends in London? It may be good to have several friends, not just one.
Maybe some who are Indian too, and some who are not? So you can talk about stuff.. If it's difficult to get a doctor.

In London, maybe see if you can get a *psychologist* that specializes in OCD - 'Pure O'? Or find any books or articles about it, that might be cheaper?

If you are beautiful, that can both be a blessing and sometimes a challenge or a problem - other people can get attracted even if you didn't want them to, other beautiful girls told me of that problem too.

I think it might be good to get some distance with the professor friend. And hang out with any female friends more. Do you have any?
Maybe he was just trying to cheer you up or maybe he was serious that he wanted to marry you if he were younger (but he isn't). You deserve someone who is free and available! And the professor has his wife to think of.

Are you attracted to him or just shocked and angry/outraged at the thought he might cheat on his wife? (Or a little bit of both?) I didn't quite understand that. Is he also from India originally or English/Western?

I have this rule: never date a friend's man or someone married or in a relationship. I just don't want to break relationships or marriages.
So if you don't trust yourself not to ask or do something inappropriate, it might be better to temporarily get some distance and stay away?

Some guys in Western world do get 'midlife crisis' and may even leave their wives.. I don't think this is a good thing though (except in very specific circumstances) and you deserve someone who will be your own!
Still, it doesn't automatically make him a 'horrible horrible man'.. And basically, if you are a former student, it is also not really any of your business.. Do you have company of good people around your age?

Yes, older men can flirt. Sometimes it can be innocent, sometimes not. sometimes they may experiment and see from your response.. I think it's your role to just keep it innocent and maybe not even say things like 'Enjoy', just say 'Bye'?

Maybe as a beautiful woman you may have problems finding female friends. (I have a friend or two who just get along better with men too, still, we are good friends and I am female, and they have a few other female friends or trusted relatives too.) There may be girls/females who might be honoured to be your friends. They can also help you with this relationship stuff or talking about guys etc. It seems you can't really trust your sister that much. I can't tell my sister everything either, she often talks about stuff to other family members etc. so you may need other, more loyal and open minded friends perhaps, as well as some that are religious like you are, so you can compare thoughts.

What religion are you in - Hindi or Muslim? That may have a lot with how you percieve things too..
I am not very religious, more spiritual than religious really... I do respect very religious people too.. Some are really wonderful people.. I think religion is here to help us all lead better lives..

Know that religion is not about making you or anyone miserable, so if you are miserable about this, maybe you are just understanding some things in a wrong or incomplete way.. And just looking at things differently could perhaps be helpful. This is a learning path for you, and I hope from all my heart it will be a learning experience and you will grow and emerge stronger because of it all!!

There is a story where the broken diamond or ruby was made into the prettiest ring of them all - and all because it had a 'flaw' and was a little bit broken in one bit.

You know how they say, 'pray and work' it's not enough just to pray, you need to work on this too.. Either with an expert and/or alone, with information from online, books, etc.

Check if you are magnesium deficient. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder OCD Treatment: The Links to Tics, Twitches and Magnesium Deficiency
and look up food that is rich in magnesium. If you are mostly vegetarian, maybe you are also low on zinc.
Have you googled 'OCD nutrition yet'?

For example read this: Obsessive compulsive disorder, OCD, Is a physical problem which produces a psychological response. Herbs, nutritional helps for OCD explored.
This is interesting because I tracked my nutrition on fitday.com and was lacking some of the nutrients mentioned there too (like B6 etc)
Can you track your nutrition on fitday.com too? (It's free!)

And this: http://curezone.com/upload/PDF/Articles/jurplesman/OCD_and_Nutrition.pdf

There are other articles online too.. Staying away from sugar and sweets helps me A LOT!

I got bad side effects from supplements so now I try to get enough minerals with food. Sometimes I don't know what to eat :) still learning..
I started to eat more meat too (for zinc, because the supplements did not agree with me). Check for foods rich with zinc! (there are some vegeterian sources too, though for me, meat works better, I'd really love to be a vegetarian again and I hope someday maybe I can be again..) eggs are really good too (not sure if you can eat those?) they have tryptophan which is a good thing.. There are other sources of it, some seem to be vegetarian too.. For example see http://www.doctoryourself.com/prozac.html Double check things though, ideally..
Just a question: was your OCD worse in India or now in London? And what was your nutrition like - the same or different? might be interesting to know.. Also, remember any 'good days' - and what might you have eaten then? Would be good to know too.. You may want to start a food-mood journal! It was helpful to me in the beginning! (I now KNOW I will feel worse after sugar!! especially if I don't back it up with proteins.)

If you feel better after eating tuna, you may be lacking omega 3. Not all fish are the same in this, learn about it and know which are good for that. (It's online too.) Too much tuna isn't good cause it may have mercury, check which omega 3 fish are available to you locally.

If you do try any supplements, make sure you get enough magnesium (but it can cause stomach upset and such so be careful and rather get it with food!) and it's flaxeed OR fish oil, you don't need both. (I had side effects from both though, was okay with freshly ground flax or eating hempseeds.. - usually just one or the other)
Stay away from multivitamins, most have too little magnesium.

Sugar and caffeine destroy good minerals and vitamins and thus increase anxiety and OCD.. Herbal tea would be better. Maybe something like mint or melissa? (To calm you.) But not mint every day, you must change the herbal teas.

Yes, it's easier to read now. Can you please type 'you are' instead of 'u r' too? That would make it even more easy to read!

Last edited:

Soniya

Hi Feathers
S I am in London after another 1months again I will be back to India. Well I have lot of work stress too. As I am a developer. s/w industries need the o/p not the efforts, and I am the one who put lot of efforts.
Well in London no culture shock nothing, to say London is like heaven…. S I know some good girls, some very good people over here. I like to make several friends, but I don’t know ppl talk nicely to me after a month or so they leave my friendship, I will get hurted by this. In India, I don’t have much female friends. If I go out with them then those girls tell me u r working u r a s/w engineer , so they tell me to purchase something for them etc. But I won’t be having much money. I have these kinds of girl’s friends. I keep away from that professor, I think once in a year I will meet him, and I talk to him only on phone. I treat him like a good friend that’s it. I dint get attracted by him, as he is too aged, I m just 24years, he is 47years or more. No he won’t cheat his wife I am sure, but I don’t like the people talking like that… S he is from India, Hindu. I know him from past 12years.

In India, its better not talk abt any girl or a guy in front of others as they create the rumors . I am Hindu.
I dnt know what nutrition deficiency I have…. I eat both veg and nonveg.
Hey thanks for those all websites you have provided, but still I dint go through it.OCD in India and in London has remained the same, actually till last year, it was constant, but in this year it became little bit more. I dnt concentrate much on what all I had ate, but till now in my life I never smoked, never touched alcohol, I very rarely drink coca cola, I think twice in an year. I eat rice, wheat a lot, some cut fruits veggies, and chocolates n ice-cream , but now I left eating chocolates .
Now I am eating lot of dry fruits.. In my college days I used to eat hotel food some times.
I eat her Haddock fish, from hotel I take it. Yes I took think that I may be lacking omega 3 fatty acids.
Well I dnt take any supplements, till now in my life I dint take any supplement .

Kind Regards
Soniya

Soniya

I dont know which food i should add to my diet, to come out of this OCD, and also suggest me some exercises...

Feathers

Just a quick post:
Omega-3 fatty acids: where to find them? (EUFIC) gives how much omega 3 certain types of fish have,Haddock doesn't seem to have so much. Can you get sardines or anchovies?
Small fish are usually better than big fish, because big fish like tuna eat small fish and can have more environmental toxics like mercury, dioxins or PCB in them.

This site says that fresh tuna is better than canned, and that women who might some day have kids mustn't eat too much tuna or other oily fish, or some other types of fish (they name them) only 2 portions of oily fish a week (a portion is about 140g). Food Standards Agency - Eat well, be well - Fish and shellfish

Do you have time to track your nutrition on FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal for at least a few days? (It is not just for weight loss, also tracks your minerals and vitamins in your nutrition.) We might be better able to suggest other foods then..

Soniya

Hi

i wnat to create an account in the Fitday, and if i give user name as Soniya then its telling me the name exists, well i have given the name as Soniya11.

Regards
Soniya

Soniya

Hi

Well in that fitday.com wht should i do, i mean i should i track the nutrition food for me, and how u will help me there.....

i will be waiting for your reply

Regards
Soniya

panicsurvivor

You and I have different problems, I really think that one the things we share is being extremely high strung. So I think that exercise will help you tremendously.
I am not saying it will cure your OCD but it help a great deal. For me I can take alot of that nervous energy that causes anxeity and panic, and spend a lot of it on my work outs. Plus exercise helps to balance out your body chemistry, this helps with everything in life. I wish I had more to say to help. But I really don't know that much about OCD. But I feel for you and if you need someone to talk to and I am on, don't hesitate to IM me.

Feathers

Hi Soniya,

Yeah, I agree with PSurvivor that exercise will help a lot, with how you generally feel etc. It helps me a lot too! To just go for a walk, ideally with someone to talk with, a friend, or a dog... Or observe nature around and beautiful things happening.. There are many beautiful parks in London.

Did you find where you can put in foods that you have eaten in Fitday?
Some foods are already in the system, or you can make combinations from the main ingredients. You find them on the food list and just put in an approximate amount. (For example, 1 cup of rice, or in grams.) Then, you can add in another item, one by one, what you have eaten that day.
Did you find where you can put in the food items?

And then you can check total amount of minerals and vitamins for that day. Did you find that too?

Feathers

Okay, I wrote how to do it. I hope this helps.

How to Add Food Items in FitDay

You log in. If you are on the 'Foods' button (that is up above), you can add in foods.
On the left you will find 'Add a Food' menu.

You can search for the food, eg 'beans' or 'rice with beans' or such (put 'beans' in the box and press 'search').

You can click on 'Food Browse' where you have categories: meat or grain/pasta or vegetable etc. Then you can browse items in that category and click on the item that is closest to what you have eaten.

When you will add in some foods, those foods will automatically appear in 'Recent Foods' drop down menu. So it is easier next time.

You can also create a custom food under 'Custom Foods' > add new food. You can do this if you don't find this food anywhere and you eat it a lot.
I usually didn't bother to do that and just looked for close approximations that were already in the database. There are topics on how to do it on the FitDay forums.

Underneath, there is a link to FitDay forums. You can see what other people wrote or asked already and ask questions there. FitDay Discussion Boards - Powered by vBulletin

You can have your journal private or make it public so that we or others can see it too. (I think there are just two options: public - so everyone can see it, or private, I don't think there is an option for 'friends only', though I wish there were! Mine is set on private.)
If you make it public consider not using your real name, especially if you write anything more private or personal in the Journal section. (I hope Soniya is not your real name lol. Don't say if it is or isn't, just keep it in mind to make nicknames on forums etc.)

If you click 'Overview' top button, you will find Nutrition Graph where the minerals and vitamins are.

If you click 'Profile' top button, you can put in how tall you are and your weight and what type of work you do and other personal data. (You can put in a different birthday so that people won't recognize you, just in case. Especially if you want to make it public. Approximate age is good so they can calculate approximate nutritional needs, one year up or down is no biggie I think.)

If you click 'Activity' top button, you can add in sports activity you did that day – with 'search' or 'Activity Browse'...

Under 'Weight' top button, you can see your BMI and if your weight is healthy or too skinny or too much..

'Weight Goal' is for people who also want to lose or increase weight..

'Journal' is to add thoughts: eg I felt great today, or how your OCD was, etc...

'Moods' : you can add in moods here too. Perhaps it is best to enter these at around approximately the same time every day. (My moods can fluctuate during the day from extremely happy to uhm, not so very much, lol.)

I see they have a new section for 'Body', you can put in measurements here: I think this is for people who want to lose or increase weight or shape their body/specific bodyparts or add muscle..

'Calendar' is for looking at times in the past, how your nutrition and mood was then, etc. Or to add in foods and avctivities for yesterday or previous week etc. You first click on that day, and then you click on the 'Foods' top button and add in your foods. The same for 'Activities'.

'Reports' is a good section too, I see they added a lot of new options.
'Food and Nutrition' is the most important part here. 'Total Nutrition' gives you amount and % of healthy vitamins and minerals.
'Nutrition Facts' gives you % of minerals and vitamins for one week, two or 4 weeks or this month or for 2 months..
Nutrition as Percent of RDA or % Daily Value are similar, you can check and compare with recommended dosage. (Recommended dosages are somewhat different in every country.)
Problems can be if you are continuously under 50% or less of recommended daily vitamins and minerals. (eg just 10% or less all week or all month..)
FitDay is not 100% sure, so if you want to be more certain, you can get blood tests done in a lab. A doctor can order those or you can talk to the lab directly. FitDay can just give a good approximation if you are not getting enough vitamins or minerals in food, and which ones.

'Activity and Metabolism' and 'Mood' are also good to keep track of. (This is where you can see which days you exercised more and which days you felt better :))

I hope this is helpful and explains it? If not, do tell if there is something you don't understand or can't find. Reply here or one PM is enough, I will reply when I can. I don't work for this forum or fitday.com, I am just someone who has found FitDay helpful in the past.
I won't be online tomorrow during the day, I hope I can check this forum in the evening.

Otherwise just click on buttons on FitDay a bit and see what happens! That is how I learnt.. Or check the fitDay forums! :) (I'm glad they started those!)

Last edited:

akashnavy

in india ocd is rare so i know how u feel but in west these mental disorders r common so they devlop very supportive enviroment but in india mental illness is stilll assumed to taboo. if u disclose these things with ur college in india then u will suffer from stigma. but it is not a big deal with the right medeication and cbt u can reecover . ur sympton clearly shows that u r suffering from ocd. but ocd is well treated than other psychratric disorders. i m also suffering from pure ocd from 3 years. but having a good job but never disclose it among others bcz in india everyone have crab mentality. it is not matter that u r hindu or from other religion. ocd effects all culture and western countries more. bcz west have more competitive culture and money ,divorce etc. but now west are more attentive about diseases. india is also suffering from westernisation from very fast rate. one survey tells that poorest country somalia is the most happiest country in the world and report a very low rate of anxiety disorders. so u should stand with medication and some holistic approach like exercise, mindfullness , yoga etc . u r very sweet girl and stay away from the evil colleges . i m sorry u r suffering from this disease but it is well treated and can reboot urself.......

jaim38

Being a woman in the IT industry can be tough. There are all sorts of stereotyping going on. I have taken several classes where the majority of the students were guys. I was harassed and made to feel very stupid. People even whistled at me. The few girls who were in that class made sure to stay far away from me.

I didn't know what to do in these situations. I thought being charming was the way to go, but sometimes it made me come off as too girly and flirty? On the other hand, acting manly could make me look gay or unattractive. Either way, I just want to be respected and taken seriously.