Heterosexual fears

SickCycleCarousel

So, I posted awhile back that I thought I was a lesbian. Well, I recently came out, gay and proud, to my family after a lot of self-reflection. The thing is, for the last two days I've been scared that I'm going to start liking men.
I can pretty much confirm my sexuality because the thought of having any kind of sex with a man grosses me out whereas the thought of having sex with a woman makes me tingle big time. (It's not just sexual, women in general make me tingle).
I actually had a panic attack the day after I came out to my mom (which was Saturday :D). I was terrified I was straight. I am hoping it's because I'm getting used to my new-found/accepted feelings. (I had repressed them for almost 13 years).

I do find men attractive, I just wouldn't sleep with one. (And I have slept with guys, but I didn't like it at all).

I'm sorry if anyone spikes from reading this. *hugs* I'm worried about posting this but this is a real fear I'm having at the moment. =\

Last edited by a moderator:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Maybe you should worry less about defining your sexuality. It may not always be the same at every point in your life, with every person, and under all circumstances.

:)

SickCycleCarousel

Maybe you should worry less about defining your sexuality. It may not always be the same at every point in your life, with every person, and under all circumstances.

:)

Yeah, I know. In a nutshell it doesn't really matter what gender I like, all that matters is love. I guess I'm feeling this way because I have always wondered who I was and what made me so unhappy for pretty much of my life. (I now know it was because I was repressing my lesbian feelings, I didn't want to be gay - I wanted to be straight but maybe have a girlfriend some time).

I'm really hoping that the more I get used to being a lesbian the less anxiety I will have about this fear. For now I'll just remind myself that I have always liked girls so there's nothing to worry about.

Hottie

Hi,

I suffer from HOCD. This is an obsessional thought that distresses me. What it does is it makes me question my sexuality. things like "but what if im gay?" run through my head.
Im not gay though, i am straight, well at least i think i am! See thats what it does to me it makes me have questions and doubts.
I was just wondering because of HOCD, how do you know if your gay or straight. Is it something simple as black or white (you know if you are or arnt)?
I dont like asking thes question because i know im straight and into men, but i would like to put my mind at ease a little from these thoughts. do you know what your into??

Thanks...