Herbs and Stuff.

aNOTfox

well not just herbs- anything natural!

Basically, when researching "natural remedies for anxiety", I was overwhelmed with a hell of a lot of stuff.

so I thought it would be more useful to hear peoples experiences trying natural remedies for anxiety; Meditation, diety stuff, scented candles etc. xD

what has been effective for you, what is a waste of time and money and what would you recommend to others?

awkwardamanda

I take a few vitamins, which my doctor suggested when I talked to her about anxiety and depression. Prescription drugs were an option, but I decided to give the vitamins a chance first. I take 25mcg (1000 IU) of vitamin D three times a day, 500mg of vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) three times a day, 100mg of vitamin B6 once a day, and 1000mg of wild salmon oil (omega-3) three times a day. I also take an iron supplement but that's for anemia. I've been doing this almost a year and it has helped. I'm not exactly happy. I still hate my life. Pills aren't going to fix the underlying reasons for anxiety and depression. But I'm better off than I was. I still have some rough days, but I'm better enough, anyway. My symptoms have always been mild though. This might not work as well with more severe issues. I'm not suggesting you just start experimenting with random supplements. I'm taking doses much higher than the RDIs that you would get from food. But it's worth looking into and asking your doctor about.