Help please, my auntie is missing

Hottie

**** **** ****, my auntie has been missing since friday. This is also my godmother and i dont know what to do. She lives northside and i live southside so getting to her is difficult. I dont know what i can do. I have only just been told tihs. She is not answering her mobile or house phone and she usually always does.

She recently battled with cancer and from what i know she beat it, but why is she not answering? Its not adding up. I know there could be a million and one different things why she is not answering but i cant stop thinking the worst case scanario :(

What else can i do? Do i go all the way out to her house? Do i call the gaurds? Do i wait and see? I dont know...

I have to get off this now and ring people and chat to people that know but i will be checking back in soon...so PLEASE if you have any suggestions at all they will be MUCH apprichated

Lonelykitsune

Thats awful :(

I don't really know.if I was in that situation I think I would have gone to see the house for myself but I'm not sure if thats such a good idea.Maybe calling the guards is better or seeing if anyone has heard from her or seen her around? .Sorry I'm not much help :(

DespairSoul

::(: very sad news about your auntie honey. I hope she will be alright trough!

Do u contact police? If not yet do it now because that's serious thing and if u say she is missing friday that's quiet long:eek: Did she have some close friends where she would go?
Do u have telephone on some her close mates? Does she work?Maybe there they will know more? Try call anyone close to her?Well definitely i would go there to the house and check that place too! Well call police because is more then 48 hours and if u was close to auntie and she will let u know and family she were going holiday and she even don't call can be really something wrong. Maybe she is in flat with out help=( I'm really sorry Hottie=( try something from it what i suggest. Maybe she had some favorite coffee shop where they could say when they saw her last time? Or even ring on neighbors around place where she live and ask if they saw her?

Hottie

Wat a looong night!

Okay, well last night was a little bit scary. It all turned out okay in the end. Due to circumstances i am not going to go into detail with what happened. But we found her anyway.

It was quite difficult because we had none of her nieghbour names or numbers. We only had one of her friends number and she didnt live near her and neither did any of us. Eventully i dont know how but another auntie got in contact with her neighbour and he broke into the house. She is okay but she is now recovering.

I was very frightned because we know her routines. And for the fact nobody told me till 5days later, that annoyed me because as soon as i heard i had to do something. I couldnt sit there knowing this. So i went into panic mode and kicked up a fuss. Thats proberly why they didnt tell me, because i had to take action!

Im just glad shes alive anyway. It could have been worse if we left it another day...

Danfalc

Banned
I'm glad things sort of worked out, but I wish your aunt a speedy recovery. I'm glad you were able to find her, must be so worrying when someone goes missing and it's completely out of character.The not knowing is like torture in a way, the why's and if's.

And I'm glad the neighbour broke In, makes you smile to know people still have a sense of community and care. Maybe when your aunt is fully recovered, you can get some sort of alarm system set up for her? I have a lady who lives next door to me, who is wheel chair bound and unable to speak after suffering a stroke, so I think she has this alarm she can press in case she falls out or needs help. Maybe give your number as an emergency contact to one of the neighbours too.

Hope your okay too Hottie, all the best for you and your aunt.

DespairSoul

Wat a looong night!

Okay, well last night was a little bit scary. It all turned out okay in the end. Due to circumstances i am not going to go into detail with what happened. But we found her anyway.

It was quite difficult because we had none of her nieghbour names or numbers. We only had one of her friends number and she didnt live near her and neither did any of us. Eventully i dont know how but another auntie got in contact with her neighbour and he broke into the house. She is okay but she is now recovering.

I was very frightned because we know her routines. And for the fact nobody told me till 5days later, that annoyed me because as soon as i heard i had to do something. I couldnt sit there knowing this. So i went into panic mode and kicked up a fuss. Thats proberly why they didnt tell me, because i had to take action!

Im just glad shes alive anyway. It could have been worse if we left it another day...

;) I'm so glad everything end up with happy end! I hope she will recover well. And u were brave. Yup broken to house was to one of mine ideas but i wasn't mentioning it. Very very good Hottie! Take care about yourself and auntie.

Hottie

Thanks for the support guys!

Dan, about the alarm pendant. Its wasnt a medical problem in the end, as we thought it may be....it was due to drink, she had made some terrible decisions but now we are aware of what she may do, so we can keep and ear and eye out for her!

D.S., you had some good ideas and i did take them all on board, so thank you.

Thanks again :)