Help me figure out the symptoms of social anxiety

Srijita52

I'm trying to write down the things that I need to work on but I'm having a hard time to articulate. I know its different for everyone but I want to know all of your perspectives. Here's mine-
I have anxiety in general, it might not be related to social anxiety though.

I have a really soft voice probably because of anxiety as well

I have trouble thinking of things to say, maintaing a conversation, constructing a sentence without rambling on, I also have problems with talking too fast

I overthink about everything, I mull over a social interaction again and again about where I went wrong, what I didn't do well

I'm afraid to being judged, I keep wondering if people think of me as an idiot or lame, selfish, needy whatever, it can be anything.

I'm quite pessimistic in general. I always assume the worst. If something good happens to me I feel it will be followed by something bad. Maybe it has something to do with anxiety as well.

Incredibly low self esteem. I feel like I'm not good enough all the time. It takes me forever to take a decision because I don't know if I'm doing the right thing.

Insecurity, others are making fun of me, no one cares about me, I'm invisible to everyone, the list goes on.
So can anyone else relate? Does this sounds like social anxiety? Or maybe its a mix of both SA and my personality.

Last edited:

Rawz

Fear that other people will judge me or treat me badly because of what I say or do, or because of what I like (hobbies, preferences in music, movies, TV, etc).

Fear that I will offend or creep out people with what I say or do.

Low self-esteem/confidence/Insecurity. My education was very poor. Most people know more than me (even if it's not very useful for living/surviving), a lot of people are more skilled than me in ever way, and I often don't feel like I am worth being friends with. Also I am insecure about my physical appearance/body. I have some bad sun damage on my shoulders, my arms are much tanner than the rest of my body, I have wrinkles under my eyes, etc.

I also have a lot of problems caused by poor sleep (poor concentration, memory, cognition, etc) which make everything harder and cause more problems in social situations.

R3K

I overthink about everything, I mull over a social interaction again and again about where I went wrong, what I didn't do well

I'm afraid to being judged, I keep wondering if people think of me as an idiot or lame, selfish, needy whatever, it can be anything.

^this is where your general anxiety becomes "social" anxiety... at least per the psych's and doctors in this severely under-studied field.

it might just be your personality too. but think about it, if you have this inherent, subconscious phobia of socializing, then your personality has likely developed to deal with it, so it kinda becomes inseparable.

Vampayah88

I'm trying to write down the things that I need to work on but I'm having a hard time to articulate. I know its different for everyone but I want to know all of your perspectives. Here's mine-
I have anxiety in general, it might not be related to social anxiety though.

I have a really soft voice probably because of anxiety as well

I have trouble thinking of things to say, maintaing a conversation, constructing a sentence without rambling on, I also have problems with talking too fast

I'm quite pessimistic in general. I always assume the worst. If something good happens to me I feel it will be followed by something bad. Maybe it has something to do with anxiety as well.

Incredibly low self esteem. I feel like I'm not good enough all the time. It takes me forever to take a decision because I don't know if I'm doing the right thing.

Insecurity, others are making fun of me, no one cares about me, I'm invisible to everyone, the list goes on.
So can anyone else relate? Does this sounds like social anxiety? Or maybe its a mix of both SA and my personality.

Wow, it's like you've described me. Only that i don't have a soft speaking voice, I have a clear loud voice. As for mainintaining conversation I can do that, but not when I'm in a big group, i suddenly get shy and dont know what to say...

Taden

Depression and anxiety sometimes come hand-in-hand. What you said, that I quoted, made me think of when I was diagnosed. I had Dysthymia, a form of depression, along with Social Anxiety.

alxbkr

For me when my anxiety kicks in hard, I tend to feel unmotivated and lazy and develop a '**** life' kind of attitude