help I've made my life a mess

MrTimid&Shy

1. just turned 30 in may
2. single, jobless.
3. broke, negative bank acccounts($300+), plus owe another bank($600)
4. suffering from tendinitis on my arm since last yr
5. no college degree
6. no career path
7. very little work experience or life experiences for that matter
8. Recently got arrested for class B misdemeanor
9. not a clue with what to do with life
10. feeling hopeless

please help with any practical advice
:crying:

ImNotMyIllness

You have a few things going for you. 1. You're not old. 2. You want to change and 3. If you approach this as a time to learn and grow, you're about to embark on a self discovery journey that will make you wiser, STRONGER and a Better person. Translation: People will like you AND you will like yourself. Not to mention this will all lead to a stable life both emotionally and financially.

Time to hunker down and build yourself up. What's great about this is that you can build yourself into someone really awesome, which will ahead of people who have just been getting by without really examining who they are and what they want.
Few things:
1. Get free health insurance. It may be offered by your county. Check with your local Urgent Care center. We have it in many parts of So. Cal and I'm sure you have it where you live as well. Keep in mind, do to Obama Care, Health Insurance rules are changing. Sometime later this year or next year you will qualify for Medi Cal if you're still underemployed.
2. Apply for food-stamps. You should qualify for the maximum amount. This will help out a lot!
3. Go to a community college and take some classes that you're interested. Guess what? It may be free. Your local community college should have some programs offered through the state for fee tuition for those who can't afford it. Check with the financial aid office and ask then lots of questions.
4. It healthy food. By eating healthy you will think faster and clearer. Your body will also work better and heal faster as well....Oh yeah, you'll even feel better. I love going to WH Foods website and looking up fruits and vegetables...just to see what's going into my body. Try to get 6 servings of veggies and fruits.
5. Try meditation. Mastering the art of relaxation will help you control and harness your mind.

......Good luck! Get to work. :)

MrTimid&Shy

thank you ! i wish more people who saw this thread could have given me words of encouragement , it really does help.

Dinosaur

Sounds like me when I was 30 but you could have added drugs to that list aswell. For me giving up the drugs and just concentrating on working turned my life around in a financial sense. I now have mortgage which I never dreamed of back then,although I sometimes wonder if having a mortgage is a good thing! lol...... I'm still pretty bad in a social sense so I'm probably not the best person to give you advice

This is more about your thinking, but who knows it may provide some practical benefits: Try to focus your attention on not what you lack, but what you want. And try to practice "gratitute" for all that you do have.

I need to start doing this myself as well, as i'm 40, can't work, always been single, no plans or hope really for my future.

Just heard this on tv right now!: "Reality is only what you make it" (Dynamo, the magician).

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
You have a few things going for you. 1. You're not old. 2. You want to change and 3. If you approach this as a time to learn and grow, you're about to embark on a self discovery journey that will make you wiser, STRONGER and a Better person. Translation: People will like you AND you will like yourself. Not to mention this will all lead to a stable life both emotionally and financially.

Time to hunker down and build yourself up. What's great about this is that you can build yourself into someone really awesome, which will ahead of people who have just been getting by without really examining who they are and what they want.
Few things:
1. Get free health insurance. It may be offered by your county. Check with your local Urgent Care center. We have it in many parts of So. Cal and I'm sure you have it where you live as well. Keep in mind, do to Obama Care, Health Insurance rules are changing. Sometime later this year or next year you will qualify for Medi Cal if you're still underemployed.
2. Apply for food-stamps. You should qualify for the maximum amount. This will help out a lot!
3. Go to a community college and take some classes that you're interested. Guess what? It may be free. Your local community college should have some programs offered through the state for fee tuition for those who can't afford it. Check with the financial aid office and ask then lots of questions.
4. It healthy food. By eating healthy you will think faster and clearer. Your body will also work better and heal faster as well....Oh yeah, you'll even feel better. I love going to WH Foods website and looking up fruits and vegetables...just to see what's going into my body. Try to get 6 servings of veggies and fruits.
5. Try meditation. Mastering the art of relaxation will help you control and harness your mind.

......Good luck! Get to work. :)

Great great post. Besides the financial aid office at college, you may find some help at the job centre too, if you have such thing in your country. They should be able to inform you about financial aid programs to get a degree or about professionnal courses available.

laure15

1. just turned 30 in may
2. single, jobless.
5. no college degree
6. no career path

Who says we have to go to college, get a career, and be in a relationship by a certain age? Everyone is different, we're not all clones of each other. It's not too late. Start researching what you want to do for a career. Go to the library, visit some online websites, take some personality inventory tests, see which careers interest you. Mark down your strengths and weaknesses. In addition to college you might want to consider apprenticeships or vocational education. Beware of for profit schools that charge high tuition fees.

8. Recently got arrested for class B misdemeanor

Getting arrested is not the end of the world. At least you know you want to change and improve.

9. not a clue with what to do with life
10. feeling hopeless

I find spirituality helps to give a sense of purpose in life. I recommend reading self help books.

Odo

Banned
I recently went back to college and yes, there were a lot of 20somethings there, but there were also people in their early 30s and even some in their 40s... this was when the recession was in full swing. It's really not so uncommon for people to be picking up new skills or even changing their careers in their 30s anymore.

Owing $3900 really isn't such a massive amount of debt... I know people who are 90k in debt from student loans. It's definitely not easy out there but you still have time to figure things out.