Help I'm in love with a shy guy!

laure15

Hello and welcome! Tough situation to be in. First of all, you need to figure out what you want and what your roommate wants. Do you want a relationship? Or just be friends with benefits? It seems like your roommate has commitment issues, but I could be wrong. Only way to know is speak with him and ask. Good luck!

Nanita

If I was in that situation, I would probably feel that he´s too difficult to communicate with, and I would get tired of the whole thing/turned off. If something isn´t working out on its own, I believe u shouldn´t try to force it or fix it.
And the fact that you´re living together makes it even more complicated.
I once shared an appartment with 2 guys, and of them was always being very shy and nervous around me, which made me feel nervous and awkward too. Whenever I would get a visit from a friend or boyfriend, the nervous roommate suddenly seemed angry and jealous. So I figured he probably "liked me" or whatever.
Anyway I just think those situations are so awkward, when the communication isn´t going smoothly.

DRAGON

o_O? why did he react that way... did you say anything, at all? hmmm he has a big issue and if you really consider this to be worth it, then you are gonna have to help him resolve this life puzzle, its gonna take a looooong time. so start to analyze if you said anything that triggered this behavior and what is it that he is so damn afraid of, so this means that is time to dig into his life.

Jen_Marie

Thanks everyone for responding. It's funny that the one thing I wanted him to do which was to initiate conversation with me & soon - he actually did today and we hung out for a little while.

Diend - That's a good question - I feel like I am because I think about him all the time but I'd like it to get easier & I think if I get to know him better it will. I don't know why I'm so into him - oh yeah I hadn't been with a guy in 6 1/2 years before him because I'd only dated women so I guess that's significant.

Nanita - Thanks I know what you mean - I almost moved over this but I like the location & it's an amazing great deal on rent & everything so I'm trying to make it work and I like to think things happen for a reason - I don't believe in destiny or anything but I do think that maybe there's a reason I found myself in this situation with him.

Dragon - Well I said I was going to run to the washroom but I wasn't really leaving because I'd be right and I think it flipped him out and maybe he was worried he'd end up having another panic attack. He did go and sit with me in the living room until I was ready to go to sleep though so he didn't just kick me out and close the door but yeah it was a little hurtful.

Thanks again all!

Nanita

I like to think things happen for a reason - I don't believe in destiny or anything but I do think that maybe there's a reason I found myself in this situation with him

Yeah, I also believe that there´s a reason for everything that happens, and a reason for meeting the people that we meet.
I also believe that things have a way of sorting themselves out..
Good luck with the whole thing : )