Hello

seaturtle

I found this site and thought it would be a good, secure place to interact with other like minded people. I like how the site heading says 'you are not alone', because I really do feel like I am the only one with this problem.

rodinski

I found this site and thought it would be a good, secure place to interact with other like minded people. I like how the site heading says 'you are not alone', because I really do feel like I am the only one with this problem.

Heh, you got a lot of room to grow.

What's your problem? (i don't know how to word that differently, please don't take it offensively).

seaturtle

social anxiety disorder. I've been extremely afraid of criticism all my life and always thought I would grow out of it. That didn't happen. So I finally sought help last year. Therapy and meds didn't help as much I had hoped, so I took myself off of it. I had been doing ok up until a few weeks ago, when my life changed and I moved and broke up with my significant other. :(

rodinski

social anxiety disorder. I've been extremely afraid of criticism all my life and always thought I would grow out of it. That didn't happen.

sucks :/ You'll find helping others on here would help yourself as well.

So I finally sought help last year. Therapy and meds didn't help as much I had hoped, so I took myself off of it. I had been doing ok up until a few weeks ago, when my life changed and I moved and broke up with my significant other. :(

Was it due to the medication? How did you take yourself off it? SSRIs? It can take months for the body to readjust (depending on the time period of taking the medication) back to a normal homeostasis after taking psychiatric medication.