Hello All

X-Rated

I've found this site about one month ago.After i read several stories and problems on here i`ve decided to post my own story.I`m a 16 year boy from romania and,yes, i have shyness.This thing is starting to annoy me because it gets in your way of making new friends and interacting with people(it's like a wall that it's too hard to climb).Anyway, when i talk to someone, it's not that i have anxiety it's that i can't think of anything to say(which is very frustrating u know?).Also it's worse with girls:when i talk with one suddenly i become very self-concious and i think that she thinks of me that i'm ugly and i end up saying something stupid or innapropiately.
I think this is caused by my low self-esteem and by the fact that i`ve been bullied a lil' bit in the past so i think i have a fear of being rejected.Anyway I just wanted to say hi and to ask if someone has been able to get over this shyness and become a normal person,because ,although it's easy to say to be relaxed when u talk with someone and not care about their opinions, it's hard to get it done.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english and my telegraphic post but english is my second-language :p

AimeeSP

Hi Welcome to SPW. :)

I can relate to alot of what you've said. All i can say so far for me putting myself in situations that make me feel uncomfortable is helping me to overcome the anxiety around people. I deal with it better each time, i do have bad days of course, but since using social exposure things are improving.

I think this is caused by my low self-esteem and by the fact that i`ve been bullied a lil' bit in the past so i think i have a fear of being rejected.Anyway I just wanted to say hi and to ask if someone has been able to get over this shyness and become a normal person,because ,although it's easy to say to be relaxed when u talk with someone and not care about their opinions, it's hard to get it done.

Yeah, that was pretty much me at age 16, but now I'm quite normal with a great marriage, strong friendships, etc. After a while you just chill out, especially if you get used to talking to people. It takes practice but you'll get there eventually.

X-Rated

thank you all for welcoming me...i hope that all of us will solve our problems and live a normal life without worring so much about other opinions.......anyway, i`ve noticed that some days i'm more talkative than others, it's really frustrating cuz i can't be talkative all the time.......also , i`ve always wondered......if i would overcome this shyness how will i change the others opinions about me(u know all the labelling stuff it really sucks)?...cuz if i think of persons that are shyer than me i can't imagine them being talkative and sociable...i don't know, maybe it`s me being too pesimist(i hope it's that ):D