Hello again!

Solitude

Hey all. I posted here a few years ago, and I've made a return. I've been diagnosed with "mild depression" before, but I feel like I have much more going on. My SA is getting out of control and it feels like it's getting worse with age.

I've been feeling pretty down and just disconnected from everything lately... I feel like a shell of a person. I have no desire to succeed at work or do anything to better myself. My SA is really starting to interfere with day-to-day life, as I'm avoiding personal interaction at all costs. I can't stand to be out in public at all. On the upside, I have a great and supportive wife who is my best and only friend. I've made the decision to get some professional help, so I have that coming up in the following weeks.

Anyway, just thought I would say "what's up".

MikeyC

Welcome again, Solitude.

Good on you for seeking professional help. I think that if your social anxiety is getting worse, it's better to try and get some assistance with it rather than allowing it to completely consume you. Your wife sounds lovely and she'll be right there to support you every step of the way, which will become invaluable. :)

Good luck in your recovery, mate!