Headaches?

Lanciao37

So, I suffer from headaches, and I think a lot of you do as well?
The ones were you overload your mind so much from anxiety, and you get massive pain in the front corner of your head:confused: I get this maybe twice a year, ALWAYS a result of thinking too hard about something,Usually in a stressfull public place.

Has anyone found a way to block these before they get bad? I mean when you feel it coming on what do you do? Mine will last for hours until I calm down or sleep.

Asprin ect.. does not work for me.

B

Beatrice

Hmmm, sounds like possible migraines. Some people do only get those a few times a year, so my guess is this is what you may have, but obviously you'd have to go to the doctor to get a diagnosis.

I have migraine disorder, and I consider you lucky that you ONLY get them twice a year; I get them several times a week. I'm not saying yours aren't painful when they happen; trust me, I know how bad they are.

The best thing to do would be to go to your doctor and discuss it with them, IMO.

Yes, I get these, nurophen works well for me. If I can catch it coming I get away from people/noise and try to relax muscles with a self-scalp-massage. I frown and tense up which brings the headaches on

Feathers

journalling or just relaxing (ideally in a dark room) helps me..
drawing/doodling can help sometimes too.. to direct thoughts elsewhere.. and CBT and such can help (even if you just read the books and apply to your journalling/thinking..)

so basically, learn to calm down :) ideally...

maybe dancing or such can help too.. or if you're magnesium deficient to eat some food with magnesium, or omega 3 ... (or eat something at all if you're hungry, ideally not sugar or anti-magnesium/anti-vitamins stuff..)

Louise Hay gives some other suggestions not sure if they're appropriate for this forum :)

Lanciao37

I will try these things next time, I have tried pain killers from my doctor ect.. They dont work for me, I think because they are to slow to absorb, so by the time they start working The headace is going anyway.

Several times a week would be horrific! I feel for you having to go through that kind of pain so often.

If it is a migraine that you are experiencing, there are actual medications for migraines that work on the expanded blood vessels that are causing the pain.
You need to take them at the very beginning of the migraine though for them to work well.
There are a few types, you should talk to your doctor about trying a few. I had to try a few before I found one that worked the best for me.
Caffeine is also good as it helps to constrict the blood vessels. Try drinking strong coffee if you can when you feel it starting.

Ached

I used to get migraine headaches almost everyday, and it has gotten a lot better to where I only get it 1-2 times per week. It's still a lot but not compared to what it was before. Yours sounds like it could be a migraine. Since you only get it like twice a year I would recommend a medication like Imitrex. You just take it as soon as you feel a headache. This one worked really well for me.

coyote

what is it when it feels like someone is stabbing you with an icepick right behind your eyeball?

i used to get those all the time

still do every now and then

Phoenixx

what is it when it feels like someone is stabbing you with an icepick right behind your eyeball?

^ Oh I hate those headaches. I get them too, but they're more common in the back of my head. The pain just shoots down my neck, sometimes into my shoulder, but it only lasts about 10 seconds before it's gone.

Lanciao37

Thats pretty much it:D Hurts like f*ck!! stab,stab,stab..Always the left eye.