Haven't been on here in 3 years

DekKO

I haven't posted anything on here since early 2012. Long story short.. I'm still suffering from SA but it's not nearly as bad now that I graduated high school. I had a girlfriend for a year and a half. She broke up with me in July. I loved her to death, but my inner issues just pushed her away. She now won't even talk to me and it is a terrible feeling :( I have a job as a waiter too. Worst possible job for me, and it completely drains me at the end of the shift. Most of the workers there are nice, except one bitch, but I still find it incredibly hard to fit in with them. But on the bright side, I have a 3.6 GPA in a year and half at college :)
I feel like getting back on this site will really help me because I'm in a very lonely place in life right now. When I had my girlfriend, I still wasn't happy with myself, but she gave me a reason not to think about my problems. She made my life comfortable for once in a very long time. Anyway, I hope I stay active on this site. It really is an awesome place :)

Last edited:

Earthcircle

I haven't posted anything on here since early 2012. Long story short.. I'm still suffering from SA but it's not nearly as bad now that I graduated high school. I had a girlfriend for a year and a half. She broke up with me in July. I loved her to death, but my inner issues just pushed her away. She now won't even talk to me and it is a terrible feeling :( I have a job as a waiter too. Worst possible job for me, and it completely drains me at the end of the shift. Most of the workers there are nice, except one bitch, but I still find it incredibly hard to fit in with them. But on the bright side, I have a 3.6 GPA in a year and half at college :)
I feel like getting back on this site will really help me because I'm in a very lonely place in life right now. When I had my girlfriend, I still wasn't happy with myself, but she gave me a reason not to think about my problems. She made my life comfortable for once in a very long time. Anyway, I hope I stay active on this site. It really is an awesome place :)

One thing that really annoyed me, when I was much younger, is that entry level jobs are usually service jobs. And that means being social. Awful. Maybe you could apply for a job as a librarian's assistant. I was doing that for awhile. Even that might involve a service component, but it's less social than being a waiter. And people who read a lot tend to be introverted anyway, so the patrons will tend to be less talkative and won't expect, or even want, beams of sunshine from you.

Richey

Dekko, sounds similar to my story....

In regards to the waiter job, I also work in hospitality food production, on good money,it's nice to have a good paying job, but as a New Years resolution am applying for 5 jobs a day to try and get some sort of career going somewhere else...hospitality tends to be for made for extroverted show offs, not mild mannered placid types like myself..

It's easy to feel drained by a job and to just stop putting energy into changing or finding better jobs and lifestyles....

So what seems to be working for me is getting up early and going for a bike ride then doing some online courses and applying for work as well as on a portfolio....

But this takes a lot of physical energy to achieve for me, so I have to exercise or else I couldn't do it.

Good luck for the new year. Just putting in the energy to change things will make your life better...

DekKO

In regards to the waiter job, I also work in hospitality food production, on good money,it's nice to have a good paying job, but as a New Years resolution am applying for 5 jobs a day to try and get some sort of career going somewhere else...hospitality tends to be for made for extroverted show offs, not mild mannered placid types like myself..

It's easy to feel drained by a job and to just stop putting energy into changing or finding better jobs and lifestyles....

So what seems to be working for me is getting up early and going for a bike ride then doing some online courses and applying for work as well as on a portfolio....

But this takes a lot of physical energy to achieve for me, so I have to exercise or else I couldn't do it.

Good luck for the new year. Just putting in the energy to change things will make your life better...

I'm already looking for another job. Maybe at the YMCA. I just hate waiting tables because for starters, I have to act fake to all the customers, and none of the customers understand when a waiter as 5 other tables, it is a little difficult to be able to check on you. It's too facepaced for my comfort. I really don't know what I was thinking :(

DekKO

Well good luck to you and have a happy new year! :) I'm definitely going to start exercising every morning. I ran 4 miles with my little brother one morning (he's a star cross country runner so he goes hard lol) but I kept up with him and I felt so amazing the rest of the day. Just being able to stick to a routine is what destroys me.