Have you ever questioned your existence here on earth?

Today i woke up with pain in every part of my body, my head felt heavy and i needed to cry. My life has lost it's meaning long time ago, i can't even remember the day i was happy about life. I can assure you i'm not suicidal i just find it hard to breathe sometimes. we all do, right?

da_illest101

yea we all do and sometimes it's too extreme for our own good. I woke this morning the same exact way, my body was hurting ( but that's from the gym trainning) but my head was confused about everything. I couldn't get up from bed so i keept falling back to sleep and I was just running into darkness, i'm just lost. Last night i was just to depressed, too lonely, still am this morning. Loneliness can be quite scary sometimes, I just feel like nothing matters anymore

Last edited:

Square_Eyes

Absolutely. With each day it becomes harder and harder to see past the futility of being here, to have to work so hard at manufacturing some miniscule and abstract sense of positivity or hope that prevent me from giving up completely.

The way in which the body responds to different emotional states and the general correlation between physical and emotional health is something I'm particularly interested in, or more accurately terrified of.

You should take solace in the fact that you clearly have awesome taste in music. Muse = Best. Band. Ever. Do you have a favourite album of theirs? I have such a hard time answering that question myself.

FOR REAL

Banned
i think this a great thread :)
i used to question my existence, but i have now given up on that idea!
i would love to go to sweden cause i saw a tv program where in sweden you can go on a boat and drink bottles of vodka.

and respect to henrik larsson too :D

Yep we all do. Sometimes it's hard to start doing simple things. I don't know why I still exist on this planet, because I'm no good to it. But the planet still keeps me hear so maybe there is a reason?

I would love to go to Sweden too. And I think one day I will.
Finland has "Finlandia" vodka and they have a lot of lakes. So I think we have to try both countries...

FOR REAL

Banned
Yep we all do. Sometimes it's hard to start doing simple things. I don't know why I still exist on this planet, because I'm no good to it. But the planet still keeps me hear so maybe there is a reason?

I would love to go to Sweden too. And I think one day I will.
Finland has "Finlandia" vodka and they have a lot of lakes. So I think we have to try both countries...

:D great, can i come with you:D

mrb

drink ten cans of beer and all the nasty wasty feelings will go away ............ not that iv ever done it of course :rolleyes: ok i lied did it last night ...... big sigh , never again he says :cool:

Square_Eyes

i would love to go to sweden cause i saw a tv program where in sweden you can go on a boat and drink bottles of vodka.

I would imagine that the open sea and large quantities of vodka are a fine recipe for 'not existing' very much longer. ::p:

shore_of_glass

yes we all do.
Everyone says its better not to think a lot about it, but sometimes its inevitable.
I find myself sometimes wondering about my future, what is the purpose of life, why do I do the things that I do, etc. There's no answer, so it kinda kills u inside.

If I look at my life as a whole and try to figure out if I'm happy, I'd say no. But its the little parts that count. I got my familiy, some friends, I like music (I hold on to music sometimes because its like I'm in another dimension).
But there are times in the morning when I wake up and only do the routine because its just it: routine.... Like I'm a robot.

just hold on there and keep postin :D
try not to think too much about it and look at whats around you

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I do often, but i'm starting to get tired. I know these things don't have an answer, and never will. Yet, there's something i can't stop wondering... I wonder if i have any purpose or my "mission" is to be some kind of "pet" or a punching bag to everyone, I wonder if i will be like this forever or i have a chance to be someone, I wonder if i will be like now, i will get better or everything will go downfall. I have a very negative thinking, so whenever i wonder these things, i get negative answers, which leads to massive depression.

Reading most of these answers, well, they just scream SA. I am the same guys.
I think the easiest thing is to take one day at a time.
Also, the "meaning of life question" has no answers.
Like many things in life there are no answers.

PhantomPod

I just finished reading the book The Alchemist, and it's about a boy following his dream (it was both a literal and metaphorical dream) which is called his "Personal Legend" in the book. It just really made me think. I think about this a lot anyway, like, the idea of trying to figure out what exactly my calling is in life and what I'm meant to do with my life. I do feel as though I'm meant here to do something, but I feel like it's taking me a longer time than others to realize what I'm meant here for. Some people just seem to know instantly or from a very young age if they are born with a natural gift and are supposed to use it to bring happiness into the lives of others (like someone with a musical gift).

So, I don't know. I'm still looking and questioning myself, trying to figure things out. If you do think about it, try not to let it get you down if you feel unsure about what you're here for. I believe everyone will eventually figure it out and they just have to make the best of what they have for the time being (that's certainly what I try to do). Take care.

it's to scary to even think about...I'd probably just kill myself.. that's why even if there is no purpose to my life.. I must believe there is, no matter how apsurd it sounds...

I just finished reading the book The Alchemist, and it's about a boy following his dream (it was both a literal and metaphorical dream) which is called his "Personal Legend" in the book. It just really made me think. I think about this a lot anyway, like, the idea of trying to figure out what exactly my calling is in life and what I'm meant to do with my life. I do feel as though I'm meant here to do something, but I feel like it's taking me a longer time than others to realize what I'm meant here for. Some people just seem to know instantly or from a very young age if they are born with a natural gift and are supposed to use it to bring happiness into the lives of others (like someone with a musical gift).

So, I don't know. I'm still looking and questioning myself, trying to figure things out. If you do think about it, try not to let it get you down if you feel unsure about what you're here for. I believe everyone will eventually figure it out and they just have to make the best of what they have for the time being (that's certainly what I try to do). Take care.

It's a good book. I read it too. But I started to forget it after a while because I didn't searched for my meaning...

planemo

I do question my existence from time to time. I wonder why someone of so little endeavour, so little value and so little luck should be here. I do however have so many things to which I am really grateful to have. Maybe someone without my inabilities would of actually made use of it. I sometimes feel like I've been born 'wrong' and that life is a just an existence to realise how incapable I am of getting anything right.

A form of torture you could say. Ever since I was a child, I've been incapable of existing on the same plane as everyone else. I am just too shy and inept. So what good is it for me being in a world where I am obviously a liability to my own self? I guess I will never really know. ::(:

Exposure

I used to be like that all the time , then God blessed me with a life-changing spiritual experience/awakening , SA is very hard to live with but having God by my side when it gets tough is so comforting , Robbie , thats what i believe where here for , to know God and to live for him , when life gets hard , i think of eternity in bliss with our creater who loves all of us deeply , i hope you guys find him too , your all great people . :)