Have you ever noticed anyone else with SA?

Hi :D

Have you ever noticed someone else with SA?
Who was acting the same as you? i mean, being very shy or socially anxious,
and you thought hey, he/she is just like me?!
I came up with this topic because I came across a topic by vj2800
And I thought it would be cool to talk about this subject :)

So for me, I know a few people who deal with this, or are really the same way like me.

PS: keep the person anonymously.

1)My mom's friend, is really shy, when my mom and her were going out, she was like, WOW i havent done that in years! And she is sometimes really quiet, but now she's more comfortable around my mom and us she feels really good around us. (my mom and her meet eachother on the web, a contact site)
But I have took the courage to ask her if she got SA, but she haven't, she is just reallllly shy.

2)When I was in mental hospital, there was this guy, who always answered with Yes.. No.. or Okay. He never said anything else, and he was always nervous, he was always being quiet and when people ask him anything, he was like shocked, like.. :eek: uhh.yea! I felt really sorry for him, people were being really mean to him, because they just don't understand how awkward he felt, they were calling him Freak. But I know what was going on, I even tried to talk to him, we were once playing table tennis and I asked him where he comes from, and that's it.. I wish I could just comfort him.

3)My best friend, lives 4 doors away, she told me, when we were on a festival and I was feeling really anxious because it was soooo full of people, she said, Wow. Sas. Don't faint!!! Let's go to a place with no people, you should relax a bit, because this is not good for you!, She said, so people scare you don't you, you hyperventilate because of that, I have that when i'm in the middle of attention only, but I know what it feels like, so just relax and we will go again later. But she is like me, she gets really quiet around people all the time.
Especially in groups.

4)At my old school, there was this guy, who was always sitting on the floor, staring in front of him, he looked like he was about to cry and he was always being alone. And I found him really mysterious, because he was always doing different things, I guess he couldn't make friends, people didn't accept him because he was so different, and he felt lonely. I think he could possibly have SA.

5)On tv, there was a girl, on America's next top model, she was called ''Lauren'' she got really far in that show, but she was really awkward on the stage for a model, and I was really suprised to see someone on ANTM being that way, because some of them are just really selfish!! she was different
and a cool person i think.

So that's all, Now your turn ;)

Aussie_Lad

I have a neighbour that lives in a townhouse just across from me, young bloke, tall and thin (a bit like me in that regard). Have seen his father there a few times. He lives on his own, and I rarely see him go out. Most of the time his door is shut and the blinds closed. Havn't seen anyone visit him apart from his father. He actually makes a great neighbour because all the other renters that have been in that townhouse, have had their TVs and Stereo's blasting sometimes late at night.

Oh good idea,

my twin brother, although he managed to overcome it after he had been living in France for months, I guess travelling and getting in touch with different cultures makes one more confident

and this girl I was once trying to help whose best-friend and boyfriend died in a car accident, damn she was in such a bad shape... we couldn't even look at people in the eyes for a sec. and kept hiding her face with her hair, start shaking a lot.

But I'm the worst case I know, once I was in a rave and ran away from it :p forgot I had a car and walked 8km in the high-way, I must have been pretty drunk though

I guess a lot of people have SA but they are too proud to admit it and rather deny it.

scarednotshy

Funny I DID just happen to notice a new person at work today who seems to be awkward like me. And she actually LIKES me! (shocker!) I had worked with her one other time recently. When she came in today she said, "Hi! I missed you yesterday". It's nice to hear that when you feel so unimportant.

I noticed she seems unsure of her every move. She's quite a competent worker, but like me seems unsure and asks if she should do this or that. When she needed help with something she kept calling me to help even though there were four others right there. Made me feel good to help her in that way. She seems very awkward talking to people. At least that's how it seems right now. Maybe she'll be more at ease once she has been there a while. But how it stands right now she does seem unsure of herself and anxious.

I felt really bad leaving cuz I know that feeling when you find someone you can be kinda comfortable with and then they leave and you're left with people you are anxious with.

It breaks my heart!

kj7

I have not noticed anyone yet that deals with it. I would like to meet people that know what I am going through on a day to day basis, would be pretty cool.

MaliceInWickedland

I WISH I knew more people with social anxiety, in my area at least. Most people here are very social, especially at my school. I've seen people who are very quiet compared to the others, but they don't really show any signs of social anxiety and they at least seem to be comfortable with their environment, which I definitely am not. The real shame is that the few people I've known at my school who were socially awkward like me have already graduated or moved away :(

sevenroses

There's a couple of quiet coworkers at work but when we all attend a staff meeting those quiet ones tend to all of a sudden open up and get all talkative. I guess they are just quiet but not necessarily shy. Same as in school. There were a couple of quiet students as well but then when it came to doing presentations they didn't really seem all that nervous. I guess they were also quiet but not necessarily shy.