Have you ever had a near death experience?

SadSally

I have. I have a problem where I constantly daydream. When I was 15, I was walking down the street thinking about a movie I had seen the night before. Basically, I wasn't watching where I was going and I nearly got hit by a car. Luckily, a guy who was jogging pulled me out of the way.

SCP-087-1

I was in a car crash once. A friend was driving and some lady hit us. Her vehicle was bigger and she was going faster so we came out worse off.

Another time me and my friends were burning stuff and someone accidentally put live ammunition in the fire and no one realized. Suddenly there was a loud bang and I felt something rush past my face. We all ran and got into cover and waited until the rest of the ammo exploded too

Another time I was shooting birds with a friend. We both had shotguns and were walking along. A bird flew right between us. I had the common sense to not shot but my friend swung around and let off a shot without checking his background. We were quite far apart so I was just out of range and I felt the pellets hit me but they didn't break the skin. Scared the hell out of me though.

This one time I was driving and I was going a bit too fast around a corner and hit a patch of gravel and lost control. I flew off the road narrowly missing a big solid tree and came to a stop in a paddock. Don't speed around corners

Sacrament

Almost rode my bicycle straight under one of the wheels of a massive (and moving) truck once. This one other time I had to go down a bit of a steep embankment (also on my bike) and straight through a somewhat narrow passage onto a street with nothing but garages. It was like a hallway entrance not much taller than me, and I was going a bit too fast so I pretty much hopped and I could feel the upper edge of the wall caressing my hair. An inch or two higher and I probably would have cracked my head open and then fallen right on the back of my head as well at high speeds.

Last edited:

theoutsider

Before I got glasses then laser surgery later on, I used to be in denial that my eyes were bad. One night it was raining and I was driving on a road that I was unfamiliar with. There weren't many streetlights so that made it worse. I was driving along and suddenly the lane I was in was supposed to merge. I didn't realize this and suddenly, right in front of me was a large tree. The road was wet so I realized that slamming on brakes wouldn't do any good at the speed I was going. So, without looking, I just yanked the steering wheel to the left which put me in the other lane. I had no idea if there were cars in that lane, it was just the only thing I had time to do. It was either that or crash headfirst into the tree. Luckily, there was no car directly beside me and I was able to swerve into the lane unharmed. My heart was in my throat for the rest of that night.

When I was little, I had really bad asthma. One night, after my parents put me to bed (I was 3), my dad felt like he needed to check on me - when he did, I was having a severe asthma attack and I needed to go to the emergency room. The doctor said that if my dad never came to check on me, I would have died.

Another time, I was driving home with my mom from a long road trip (she was driving and we were on the freeway) - it was getting late and she was tired, so she drove 5mph below the speed limit to be safe. All of a sudden we see this black SUV come barreling down the side of the hill (we think they fell asleep at the wheel and drove off the road and up onto the hill we were driving past, woke up and was trying to get back on the freeway - I don't know, it was ****ing weird) infront of us like a deer jumping out onto the road or something. If my mom hadn't slowed down it would have hit the passenger side where I was sitting.

Last edited: