Have you ever contemplated suicide?

Have you ever contemplated suicide?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cloaked

I am not saying I have, well, I mean I have thought about it, but I know I never will, but has anyone here seriously asked theirself if they should kill theirself or not?

If I ever were to do it, I would do something dramatic... I've always dreamed of going to New York City someday. I imagine I would just run away from home and get there some how; by train would be fun. I would take a plunge off the Empire State Building.

No, I am not going to... Please don't think I'm suicidal. I am not. I am just saying... if I ever were, that sounds like a fun way to do it. I hope this topic isn't inappropriate. I really don't mean to offend anyone, as I know this can be a touchy topic.

Did you know 30 people have jumped off the Empire State Building since it was built?

Richey

cloaked if you need to vent or just need a chat, pm me anytime.
ive thought about it many times over the years, and its perfectly normal and human nature for people to ponder these thoughts during down times, trust me.

what ive always used as a counter attack method is i think of what would keep me alive?! ...and its music, so i think of my guitar and my favourite bands, or family, whatever makes you excited to wake up in the morning, life is short enough as it is and remember that pain, whether its mental or physical can be good, it shows your alive and proves your aliveness.

DYiNG-iNSiDE

wow thats crazy i didnt kno that. me, i dont think id ever kill myself, i just keep tellin myself life will get better. and my dad did that and i would never put evry1 i love through that. but jumpin off a tall building would b a fun way 2 do it just flyin down through the air free 4 that few seconds...

SqueakyGibson

Perhaps more options in the poll would be better. There are varying degrees of contemplating suicide:

- Vaguely wishing you could die in your sleep/not wake up tomorrow morning.
- Saying something like, "I wish I had a terminal illness."
- Fantasising about how your family and acquaintances will react when they hear you've died, or when they find your body; and what your funeral will be like. (I think this one proves you don't want to die, you just fantasise that people around you would notice you more. It's also quite morbid and spiteful.)
- Weighing up various suicide methods, and knowing you can't kill yourself because they're all too scary or painful.
- Actually making some detailed plans to go through with a suicide method, but not quite being ready to do it.

Kinetik

Many times. I go through depressions very regularly. That is to say that I can feel great one day and completely awful the next for no real reason at all. This can last a day, or as long as two or three weeks at a time. That's one thing that worries me about my own situation - the frequency at which this occurs and the spectrum of emotions I go through - it's incredibly up and down. Some days I wake up and feel so completely overwhelmed with misery that I just don't know what to do. It just comes out of nowhere, it's like a punch in the face. If my life also sucks in a situational sense at that moment in time, then it's usually double-up. I've tried to end it twice in the last four years. I'd like to think that I'm over that stage, but I really don't know if I am. As long as I feel okay, I'm safe because my attitude is good and my outlook is reasonable. But things so often take a horrible turn for the worse with me, and that changes everything. It's like I'm living a dual-life sometimes, one of reasonable contentedness and one of total depression, and I'm a very different person depending on which phase I'm going through. That's also the reason my posts sound conflicting/contradictory at times.

I also often go through cycles of feeling great then depressed. It can happen in the same day: In the morning I can feel like I can conquer the world; by the late afternoon killing myself seems the only solution to my problems. I think I might have bipolar II, or hypomania. Over the last two years I've had several bouts of pretty bad depression during which I would lie for hours in bed, my head racing with negative thoughts, and I would end up thinking that suicide made such sense. I'm not sure what stops me. I guess the belief that things will get better, that eventually I'll get out of the rut I've been in for years: no love life, no social life, hardly any friends, job I hate....

theblackparade

Only ever considered at my lowest points. Attempted a few times. I suppose some of them were half-hearted. Save for the first and the last (the last being New Years Day).

Considering and desperately acting on them are two seperate things. If I ever start to wonder, I prefer to force sleep (via meds).

I feel for anyone whos ever felt this way. Its a terrible thing.