Hating all that is new

Being in my early twenties and having spent my 'youth' in a time when trends and music used to be so different.

When facebook and stupid challenges (like emptying a bucket full of cold water over your head) didn't exist....when # was only used to dial a number on your telephone.... when people didn't have the obsession of tweeting whatever trivial things they were doing, to put it shortly: THESE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!!

As years pass, I'm increasingly feeling uneasy , because of the way the world is evolving ,especially people of my generation, I don't know if I should call it a phobia of whatever is changing or just intolerance, I just don't feel like I am being on earth anymore.

Especially when it comes to people speaking in a different way using words that didn't even exist back then (influenced by the internet surely), or wear a suit jacket with jeans which I find utterly ridiculous or HELL even wear huge glasses despite their 20/20 vision... this just takes the biscuit!

There is a name for this kind of people : Hipsters.

Whenever I walk outside I feel like I am living on another planet, with most of the young male adults having the same haircut.

Any of you guys feeling like me and missing the old days?
Do I need to get the hell out of dodge and find some cushy village in the countryside to live in or just wait until I go crackers ?

Last edited:

AlienGeranium

I dunno, you're posting on a forum, that it somewhat modern. I don't do any facebook or twitter or even have a smart phone and don't mind. I don't have a problem with people who do though either, they're just ways to communicate. Some things are good ideas, and others will be passing fads (like the big glasses). I'm sure there were things "Back in your day" that make you cringe to think about.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Being in my early twenties and having spent my 'youth' in a time when trends and music used to be so different.

When facebook and stupid challenges (like emptying a bucket full of cold water over your head) didn't exist....when # was only used to dial a number on your telephone.... when people didn't have the obsession of tweeting whatever trivial things they were doing, to put it shortly: THESE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!!

As years pass, I'm increasingly feeling uneasy , because of the way the world is evolving ,especially people of my generation, I don't know if I should call it a phobia of whatever is changing or just intolerance, I just don't feel like I am being on earth anymore.

Especially when it comes to people speaking in a different way using words that didn't even exist back then (influenced by the internet surely), or wear a suit jacket with a jean which I find utterly ridiculous or HELL even wear huge glasses despite their 20/20 vision... this just takes the biscuit!

There is a name for this kind of people : Hipsters.

Whenever I walk outside I feel like I am living on another planet, with most of the young male adults having the same haircut.

Any of you guys feeling like me and missing the old days?

In answer tae yer question do ah miss the old days - f _ _ k yeah!

Ah definitely feel the same way, feelin' like ah don't belong.

Remember when the internet wasn't all emcompassing?

Also, when ah was younger, people didnae seem as judgemental as they are now. Ye weren't judged by what ye wore, what music ye like or whatever... Though, that might just be how it seemed at the time?

Do I need to get the hell out of dodge and find some cushy village in the countryside to live in or just wait until I go crackers ?

Maybe...?

Good point, but internet internet and forums existed back in the days, I don't really see it as modern and trendy.

I am not talking about breakthroughs and revolutionary devices (yes these are the good ideas), I am talking about the superficial tendencies that it engenders.

EDIT:
In answer tae yer question do ah miss the old days - f _ _ k yeah!

Ah definitely feel the same way, feelin' like ah don't belong.

Remember when the internet wasn't all emcompassing?

Also, when ah was younger, people didnae seem as judgemental as they are now. Ye weren't judged by what ye wore, what music ye like or whatever... Though, that might just be how it seemed at the time?

I don't know if I should call it judging people on what they wear, I remember people judging me on what I was wearing sometimes by their smirking faces (like a raincoat when it was barely raining, not even fashion)... that was dreadful , I would never laugh at someone because of what he is wearing, it's about being respectful.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Good point, but internet internet and forums existed back in the days, I don't really see it as modern and trendy.

I am not talking about breakthroughs and revolutionary devices (yes these are the good ideas), I am talking about the superficial tendencies that it engenders.

Oh! Like how people now following the latest trends just to fit in and seem "cool"?

Or d'ye mean the fact two people can be sitting in the same room and instead of talking face to face, they're talking to each other via Facebook - like they've given up on speech. Or am I way off on that...?

Oh! Like how people now following the latest trends just to fit in and seem "cool"?

Or d'ye mean the fact two people can be sitting in the same room and instead of talking face to face, they're talking to each other via Facebook - like they've given up on speech. Or am I way off on that...?

there is still good old MSN messenger for that!

previous message edited

Graeme1988

EDIT:

I don't know if I should call it judging people on what they wear, I remember people judging me on what I was wearing sometimes by their smirking faces (like a raincoat when it was barely raining, not even fashion)... that was dreadful , I would never laugh at someone because of what he is wearing, it's about being respectful.

Oh! Maybe it's just me, or I used to wear t-shirt of my favourite bands when I was younger and get judged for liking them.

Or maybe it's the fact I hear the phrase "Everybody's wearing it" more frequently nowadays. :bigsmile:

Oh! Maybe it's just me, or I used to wear t-shirt of my favourite bands when I was younger and get judged for liking them.

Or maybe it's the fact I hear the phrase "Everybody's wearing it" more frequently nowadays. :bigsmile:

I hate this phrase, makes me think that I am a sheep following a herd.