Has the Nhs helped?

Ok, so being in England, unless you have a bit of money to pay for private treament then you are left with the Nhs to help:confused: you.
My question is have you tried to get help for your problems only to be left dissapointed or have they helped you in some way?

I have tried to get help and I feel completely let down, I have seen a psychologist and whilst this helped a bit after a number of sessions it came to a end and then I was just left on my own, no support, most days I have suicide on my mind and just don't understand how someone in my position is left on there own to cope. (even a 5 minute phone call from a mental health nurse weekly would suffice)

Surely some people are receiving help or there would not be much point in having mental health care on the Nhs, please share your experiences with the service good or bad as I feel I have been let down.

shakethelight

I seen many therapists over the years with the mindset that THEY has some magic power to fix what was ever wrong with me. I have to tell you that it wont work if you dont do your part. In my opinion, if you are constant with your sessions & really put in the effort you will achieve emotional health.

I don't know what nhs is? so if I seem ignorant sorry. But, I know how expensive therapy is here in america. I haven't be able to see mine on a regular basis due to financial reasons. However, I found if you find someone who you connect with and truly wants to help you they will work with you with prices.

I'm terribly sorry youre going through this, depression is the worst & with no support it can be hell. But, please don't consider suicide. Keep fighting. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. And my inbox is always open.

dancingintherain

I had cognitive behavior therapy through NHS ... didn't help. The therapist didn't seem to care so that made me not care.. After two months with no change in myself, I quit.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I had cognitive behavior therapy through NHS ... didn't help. The therapist didn't seem to care so that made me not care.. After two months with no change in myself, I quit.

I think I'm actually on the verge of doing this as well... ::(: I'm not having much luck with Cognitive Behavior Therapy.

I don't know what nhs is? so if I seem ignorant sorry.

shakethelight: NHS is just an abbreviation. It stands for National Health Service.