Has anyone else been belittled for having Social Anxiety?

Queen_Of_Pain

I hate it.
The thing that seems to be my downfall is being belittled by others who don't understand.
I'll always defend myself or someone else in that situation, even if it turns into a bazing row, it's just who i am I suppose, but thats the problem. My temper gets ahead of me. And I hate being backstabbed. And theres only so much of it I can ignore.

The truth is, I'm always being back-stabbed by my family to random people, neighbours and such. And it pisses me off when I find out.

I deeply hate the fact that I can rely on no one but myself at the moment for emotional support.
I think it's a sign that I should just throw myself into life and try to block out everything that bothers me.
It's so sad to me that I'm having to cut myself off and detatch any emotions from anything just to make a proper start in life, I kind of hoped that would not have to turn my back on everything I know, or maybe thats just me being naïve, I think I knew this day would come eventually.

The latest thing that frustrated me was that apparently I don't have my own opinion nor am I entitled to one, or so some narrow minded dimwit who thinks he has control over me, suggested, and thats what I'm struggling to live with.

I know I would be better off living independantly and now is the right time to do it, but in the meantime while I sort myself out I must somehow deal with these comments without flying off the handle because I think that they are mostly said to provoke a reaction so that I move out. I loathe dealing with this because I can't see that I've done anything wrong.
I'm 17, trying to move out as fast as I can but it feels like everyone wants me gone from their lives NOW. I truly wouldn't live where I am living now if I didn't have to. And I do have another place I can go but it's not an easy situation.

Can anyone relate to this kind of thing? How did you/do you cope with it?

Sinar_Matahari

My best friend has yelled at me in the past for "caring too much what people think", for freaking out when people were staring at me, or for making excuses to avoid certain situations or to avoid doing certain things. She just thought of me as this big coward and it was hurtful, but now I understand that she didn't understand what was going on with me and neither did I.

Yes, I have been belittled. Some people get excitement out of belittling others while many just don't understand. Belittled and misunderstood. Double whammy.