Harry Potter Anyone?

D

deleteduser

This may sound silly, but i honestly don't know what i'd do without Harry Potter. I must have read all the books at least more than 10 times each!! The films don't do it for me, but i can't help going to see them anyway. I guess it's because i was already well into the books before the first film came out. Is it just me who thinks Michael Gambon is completely useless as Dumbledore though? I mean, he can't have read the books, there is no way. Ok, he is a lot more energetic than Richard Harris was, but he just isn't anything like Dumbledore to me, he is way too aggressive!! (remember GoF, when he almost strangled Harry, wtf??).

I don't know if you guys have read this, but if you are gasping for more Harry like me, then you should read this -

http://www.veritaserum.com/media/2007/07/jkrowlingchat07-30-07.shtml

xSleepy

cool, thanks for posting that link! I wish she would write another book explaining more about there lives, cause us Potter fans need to know! :lol:
I heard she's gonna write a book called, The Tales of Beedle the Bard. You know, its that one book that was talked about in the Harry Potter books. well i think it was only in the last book that came out.

and also, i dont remember dumbledore strangleing harry in the goblet movie. but its been a while since ive seen it so i cant really remember much. And ya, I also dont care too much for the movies, but i also cant help myself from going to see them, lol. but i havent seen the lastest one yet. im gonna wait till my grandma buys it, then ill watch it for sure. even though i know ill be pissed about stuff thats been left out or stuff thats changed.

xSleepy

What happend to this topic??? I still wanna talk about harry potter, lol.

I dont know what I wanna talk about, but im sure ill think of something

princess_haru

*raises hand*

Another HP fan here!

Does anyone else here read HP fanfiction? There are some great ones out there that help me pretend the series isn't really over, lol ;)

xSleepy

I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE fanfics. But sadly ive stopped reading the> I dont know, maybe ill start again :D

princess_haru

I go through phases of reading loads of fanfics and then not reading any for a while, depends on my mood I suppose! Feel free to ask if you'd like any links, I've got tons :)

IceLad

I wish Maggie Smith, who plays Professor McGonagall, all the best in her battle against breast cancer.

Although she doesn't get much screen time in the movies, she plays the part really well, and has been a great actress for years and years now.

xSleepy

oh my gosh. I had no idea she had breast cancer :( I have to look that up in a wee bit.

And with fanfics, I like going for anything that has Draco in it. Like D/H, or D/G... well thats what I used to like anyways. I mean id still go for Draco... but now that I know who everybody ends up with in the end, those pairings just dont seem right anymore.... omg, im totally gonna change my avatar to Draco.. :D

omg, im like falling in love with him all over again!!! :D

xSleepy

Bet your sweet ass I do! I think Ive even read a slash with Draco and Harry.. just cause I was curious...

403437.jpg

.... yeah, not really my thing though :?

IceLad

They took long enough to release it, but it looks excellent! :)

Shame about Dumbledore's funeral being cut, and that the Dursleys don't feature at all.

IceLad

And now we're going to have to wait until July 17th 2009 to see the movie!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Warner Bros has apparently spotted a gap in next summer's schedule, so they've decided to push back the release date by eight months.

xSleepy

crap all my photos are gone^^^ BOOOOOOO

but yea i heard that IceLad. And im actually happy about it. Cause if it were to come out this year i wouldnt beable to go. Cause I have no one to go with and now just isnt a good time for me. And I really like wanna be one of the firsts to see it. Or I will be reeeaaaalllyyy sad :(