Happiest moments of your life?

zav943

Ok, so I was feeling a bit crummy this morning when, as I was lost in my thoughts, I remembered one of the happiest moments of my life, so I thought I'd share it:

So I have a very soft spot for hugs :)

As you can imagine, as an AvPD'er, I seldom do get a chance to hug people, but when I do, I love receiving a nice, warm, long hug.

One particular hug sticks with me from last year. I was visiting Toronto for a few days, and I met up with a girl I REALLY like. It was a lot of fun, and then her boyfriend showed up. He offered to give me a ride to the airport, to which I said yes (only because she would come along). At the end, her and I hugged each other, and it was the second most memorable hug I've ever received (the first being from my mom when I left her to come to Canada).

I remember she smiled at me as I opened my arms. I then leaned over as she tightly wrapped her arms around me. I rested my head against hers until I could feel her interrupted breathing on my neck. I whispered into her ear "please, stay in touch this time", to which she said "I will, just take care of yourself".

I truly didn't want to let go...

But eventually, I pulled away from her and held her hand in mine, then said goodbye. Her boyfriend looked on from inside the car, but I'm sure he thought nothing of it (just a hug). She probably thought nothing of it either...

But still, I couldn't sleep that night. It was a moment I will never take back. I hope that didn't sound creepy.

I just hope that one day I can get to relive that moment with her (or anyone else).
----------
Please, share with us your happiest life moment(s)!

MaliceInWickedland

Awwwwwwww that's so sweet :D

My most happiest moment? I don't have very many. The only one I can truly call a "happy moment" was the day my father told me:

"You will grow up to be a lovely young lady I know I can be proud of and I know the day will come where you will see that greatness in yourself that I can already see."

I was about five years old when he said those words to me and I can still distinctly remember them now that I'm 17. Probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.

EscapeArtist

Aww both of those stories are too sweet. Remembered in such detail!

Happiest moment.. I can't think of a specific one but it would have to be the long car rides during a family trip when I was young. My family is always really stressed out and always yelling at each other, but during those rides, I would fall asleep for an hour or two and wake up to a whole different, calm and excited family. Gathered in one spot like that, a rare and cherished moment.

Other really good memories would be whenever the family went camping when I was a kid-preteen. Same reasons