Halloween

THE-INTROVERT

anyone like it or dislike it personally this year i wont be doing anything ive been invited too a house party or i could just go to a bonfire but i wont be doing anything in my counttry ireland its just an excuse for people to get drunk all day days like these and st patricks day bring out loads of drunken louts hopefully im sleeping

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I've got BIG plans. I'm going as a college student, and I plan on really getting into character. I going to probably study and do homework, to play the part. :rolleyes:

just wanna b normal

anyone like it or dislike it personally this year i wont be doing anything ive been invited too a house party or i could just go to a bonfire but i wont be doing anything in my counttry ireland its just an excuse for people to get drunk all day days like these and st patricks day bring out loads of drunken louts hopefully im sleeping

i think you should go out & enjoy your life thats what i hope 4 but i dont think thats what i am being doing ahah cuzz i hav noting to do i wish i did!:)

3lefts

I like halloween but my culture lacks festivity. Or rather they think it's partying so a lot of people are getting drunk where I live too...
No matter, I'll be working and then watching halloween movies until I fall asleep :)

Felgen

I don't like the American version of Halloween. Toys 'R Us, Nestle, McDonald's etc. have ruined a perfectly good Celtic holiday.

sanitariumcalls

Since I am now too old to go out and wreak masked havoc as I once did, I am staying in out of the cold, rainy All Hallows Eve, with my partner, slasher films, popcorn, pizza, and a massive bowl of candy JUST FOR US!

*with a sign on the door that says, NO CANDY DO NOT KNOCK*

U

userremoved

i think you should go out & enjoy your life thats what i hope 4 but i dont think thats what i am being doing ahah cuzz i hav noting to do i wish i did!:)

I agree, if you're getting invited thats a good sign. Don't let other peoples habits stop you from getting out and having fun.

Tuco

Halloween is completely indifferent to me. It is a good thing you got invited to a party, but I am not sure I would like to be in your shoes, because of exactly what you said: people where I live only get together to get drunk, and I don't drink.

We don't really celebrate halloween in new zealand. Or maybe that's just me. Anyway this year I'm playing a gig on Haloween, and we're expected to dress up. ..I have no idea what to do lol.

I've liked the idea of it since reading the Donald Duck comic as a kid. Its slowly becoming popular; the supermarkets have carving pumpkins for the first time ($25 each???). I can't get my head around trick or treating, though. We tell our kids "dont accept candy from strangers", then once a year send them doorknocking for it?????

YouTube - Donald Duck - Trick Or Treat - 1952 (English)

Forgotten-Children

Not really much I'm gonna do this year unfortunatly. D: I mean, I'll just dress up and hand out candy (hoping that during the end, there'll be enough left for me to eat so long as my brother doesn't steal it all >-> )

*sigh* I'm still upset about the law that was passed. I'd STILL go out ToTing if I was allowed.

Not really much I'm gonna do this year unfortunatly. D: I mean, I'll just dress up and hand out candy (hoping that during the end, there'll be enough left for me to eat so long as my brother doesn't steal it all >-> )

*sigh* I'm still upset about the law that was passed. I'd STILL go out ToTing if I was allowed.
What law?

arkane

i love halloween...this year i'm going to a party with a friend where i'm going to know absolutely nobody. part of me asks myself what the hell i'm doing and the other wants to challenge myself and see if i can't chat up random people. nervous... :l

EscapeArtist

^ I think that's a wonderful idea! To challenge yourself. If I had been invited to a party, I'm not sure what I would have done with the challenge. so goodluck! And I hope you fair well :) I know you will.

I'm chilling with a friend and we're watching old disney movies.

lunarla

Unless I'm persuaded to do otherwise, I'll likely be staying home and watching Hocus Pocus (a kids movie that I've watched since foreverrrrr around this time of year. Kinda lame? Yes, sure, wutevaaaaa I do wut I wan). But I might also do the same thing as last year - go to a friends house and hand out candy. Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr omg, I'm a genius - I can combine the twooooooo!