Had a haircut today. sheesh

Damien

Got a haircut today. Was walking through the crowded shopping centre. Stepped in and guts started churning. Sat down and had to WAIT!. i HATE the waiting. She offered me a glass of water, which helped.

Took me 15 minutes into the haircut to relax i tell ya. Put me off my lunch.

Anyone else hate having haircuts.... now i know why i had long hair up until a year ago.

Damien

arlequin

I hate having my hair cut. The main reason is the long waitings and also because I never know what to talk about with the person that cuts my hair. My hair grows up very quickly so I had to go very often to have it cut. Finally I decided to cut it myself buying a machine and it goes very well. I have two machines in case one gets broken. Imagine, going out to the street with only half the hair cut.

Damien

I tend to make a joke to relax me. for example today i said "my first service call on monday is to a police station, so not too short incase they think i want to sign up"

they laugh and say "what do you do for a living?"

That gives me the chance to just look at one spot and start talking.

Damien

Johnie

I have problems with going for a haircut. The waiting and the one to one situation with the hairdresser.

My biggest problem is when I am asked what I want. I have so many uncertainties about my image, what I look like and with my hidden need of wanting to change - but not knowing how. I always end up with the same.

Chrisfishes

I had long hair for a long time, but short now. I dread each trip to the barber. I normally say' just a trim' and that's about it. And then when their done I say it looks great even though I'm normally lying. I guess the bonus of quitting my job is that I don't need to get haircut for a while now.
:D

zyxockjm

I normally wouldn't find the wait difficult, or actually getting the haircut....but when the person calls for the next person to come up and when it's my turn, then i could feel all eyes burnung into me as i'm walking to the barber.

Fredscars

i used to be fine..been going to this place for ages, with ther same lady..all good..but theyve closed down so now i have to go somewhere new
and im worried cos i hace so many differnt colour dyes..different types etc on my hair that i just know theyre gna tell me im doing it all wrong and argh...i dont care..but i cant stand them telling me that..ill just be :oops: :oops: Because theyll think im stupid..but i jsut get bored quick so its like..oohh hair dye.

maggie

My sister cuts my hair (thank God), or else I would be in trouble! Probably have hair down to my ass if not for that! :twisted: Still, the sitting in front of the mirror staring at myself and making conversation freaks me out 8O . I suck at small talk, actually I suck at talk :lol:

MPS

zyxockjm said:
I normally wouldn't find the wait difficult, or actually getting the haircut....but when the person calls for the next person to come up and when it's my turn, then i could feel all eyes burnung into me as i'm walking to the barber.

Exactly the same thing used to happen to me. :(

For about a year now I've been cutting my own hair, saving money and avoiding embarrassment in the process. :wink:

nesci

hehe i cant believe this is something that other people r scared of aswell!! i hate goin 2 the hair dressers! my mum n friends think im bein so silly that i put off goin n get really nervous when i do have ta go. n whats wif all hair dressers bein so confident n friendly haha sometimes im so worried about makin small talk i think of what ta say before hand then when i say it it just comes out retarded! n i always feel like every1 is watching! scary!!!

SingaporeGuy

breathe in breathe out, relax, relax the muscles, the neck etc. positive affirmations, release the self focus..these all helps

it may not gonna help with the anxiety, but its going to help u cope better.

i call hairdressers barbers btw.. :lol:

Travis88

Yea im too scared to go to the Barber too, fourtunatly my hair looks good buzzed so i just bought a buzzer :lol: .

Flynt

I used to cry when my mum cut my hair at home, lol, so I have only had four haircuts at a hair dressers in my entire life. I end up mumbling questions and letting the hair dresser do all the talking!

Now days I have dreads, so no more haircuts for me thank goodness!

Flynt

:p

I wash my hair all the time, thankyou very much Mister!
but with soap....... so you were partly right...

UnbreakableShell

When I go to the hairdresser I just tell them "just a trim, or cut it short". I never talk to them, usually when I'm in there waiting I never see people talking anyways.

Its the pits...no doubt about it. I went in the other day and was sitting there for like 30 minutes..bored out of my brain, because they overbooked it.

Fortunately the hairdresser wasnt very conversational so she went about the business pretty quickly.

sa_sweaty

I also bought myself a pair of clippers :)

Why is it that everybody seems to hate the "waiting" time? I don't mind to go shopping, but I hate waiting in the queu for the counter. I even feel un relaxed when I wait for my gf to have her hair cut.

Besides, I don't mind waiting in the queu when I am outside, but I feel anxious most of the times when I am inside a building. I always try to time my shopping in such a way that I am finished when I see a free counter. This means I somtimes do not buy all the goods I planned to because it could happen a counter is free when I haven't finished yet, and so that will be my highest priority.

Emma

I went to get my haircut about a month ago, and I asked for it to be trimmed to my shoulders, and she was really bossy and she cut it off at my ears!!! and I told her I didn't want that, and then she tried to get me to have a fringe and I kept saying no and she cut it anyway.....I'm stuck with something that looks like a medievil pudding bowl on my head