guilty

FOR REAL

Banned
i feel really guilty a lot because in a lot countries they have no food or water or if they have a job they get paid weekly by the kind of money we would make in one hour.

yet i have the hard neck to complain and moan about the state of my life

ive got food, water, a house, electricity, tv, internet, etc etc etc

but the thing about these people is THEY ARE ALWAYS HAPPY AND THEY ALWAYS HAVE A SMILE ON THEIR FACE

I_Walk_Alone

You're innocent.

They think its a ****ing joke, and their not serious about it at all. Including all those live aid wankers.

I put my hand in a toaster

Don't feel guilty for something that is way out of your control. Of course it's always good to be aware of the less fortunate, and do whatever in our power we can do to help them. To feel guilty though? that isn't necessary. The sad truth is whether or not everything was the same for you, or whether or not you felt happy, all these people would still be starving, etc etc. Everyone has a right to their problems. We have to fix ourselves first. If you spend all your time thinking about how there are so many people worse off then you're never going to be happy. Feeling guilty over things you can't change will only make you feel worse in the end.

worrywort

I feel guilty a lot too....although maybe for different reasons...usually because I fail to live up to other peoples standards.....but I don't think it's good to compare your life to others.....everybodys journey is different, and your problems are just as real to you as anybody elses.

but also, you're not alone....there have been studies that show a direct correlation between depression and affluence. The lowest rates of contentment are recorded in the wealthiest countries around the world, and vice versa. There are lots of theories for this. Some say that there's such a thing as too much choice, which I reckon may well be true. [link]

here's a good book on the subject that you might like to read also,

Affluenza - Oliver James

I_Walk_Alone

Hey could u explain that? Ppl in third world countries are not serious about what? Live aid wankers?

You have no idea how hard I laughed at this :D

Yeah, I probably went overboard, but what I meant was "the powers that be", those that control the worlds money couldn't care less about starving people anywhere. To them, its all about retaining the status quo. Thats all faceless institutions are good for.

I'll ease up on the live aid wankers though! :eek: Dont know where that came from :D

cool man thanks for clarifying that. bcuz i live in Belize, a third world country, and i see what dreamer777 is talking about. There are ppl here that have nothing at all, but still go on smiling, laughing, and just living life with what they have. Where as other ppl who have money are always complaining about something or the other. alot of SA ppl take the worse frm both sides, or either or. Guess we shud just be satisfied with what we are and who we are (when we find that part out)