Graeme's Wee Mad Mental Music Thread

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Hmmm... should I accept this offer to be featured on this lad's album? :unsure: 20210808_193325.jpg
Not that I'm unsure per say. It just that, my "Ah, fuck it! Why no?! Go on, yersel', pal!" mentality has thus far landed me a song rewrite gig that ah didnae even ask for, but accepted anyway. As well as rock song collaboration, which could lead to multiple songs in that style with the same vocalist who also gave the song rewrite to do. And, a collaboration with a guy in South Africa.

Needless to say, ah wish I was a wee bit, or lot less talented right now. Both as a musician and producer. Ah never should've listened to those Mutt Lange produced albums when I was younger. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Really mad right now...

Got my recording setup 99% done and it's currently useable. Ah got and plug my electric guitar in and find the input jack is knackered. Not keeping a signal, it keeps cutting out. πŸ˜”πŸ˜‘πŸ€¬

Graeme1988

241211659_395519951941807_5666141991399189258_n.jpg

Graeme1988

Really mad right now...

Got my recording setup 99% done and it's currently useable. Ah got and plug my electric guitar in and find the input jack is knackered. Not keeping a signal, it keeps cutting out. πŸ˜”πŸ˜‘πŸ€¬
First my guitar, and now my audio interface goes and dies on me. 😟

So, I go back and buy an interface I'd bought and used previously from Amazon: the Behringer UMC404HD audio interface

behringer-audio-reviews.jpg

I got it the other day, arriving at the weekend there. Ah unbox it, getting hooked up to my computer, and powered on.

Everything is going, or it seemed to until I go and installed the audio driver for it that I downloaded the Behringer website. I install the driver and it aw starts going tae $%!@£. Crashes the recording software I'm using and the guitar modeling and amplifier simulation software that I use instead of micing up a real guitar amp. Needless to say, am no too happy at the moment. 😠😑🀬

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Really mad right now...

Too many head bangin' sessions while you're rocking out Graeme (y)

Graeme1988

Should I sign up for online lessons with this guy? πŸ€” His name's Tom Hess.

I've been going back n' forth on it for a few months, trying to decide. Ever since ah signed up for Tom's newsletters that offer tips on guitar playing and songwriting, he's been emailing me. I also got a free PDF file of a book on guitar playing that he wrote.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon, Tom sends me an email asking if I was still looking for a guitar teacher? And I respond by saying, "Yes", but that I was quite nervous about getting back into taking lessons - mainly because my previous experiences left me feeling frustrated and disillusioned. We've been going back n' forth. He's recently responding to me reassuring me that I won't get overwhelmed by it. Since that was my concern, especially when it comes to the music theory side of things.

But I think I'm definitely going to do it! Though, I don't know where I should stop when answering one of the questions on the evaluation form questionnaire I need to fill out before ah sign up for the lessons. The question being: Who are your favorite bands and/or guitar players? 😦

Where the heck do I even stop the naming names, let alone start?!

Graeme1988

Screenshot_20211005-115050_Brave (Backup #1).jpg
Some pretty good feedback on my recent guitar riff idea. Even if the most recent one is something a former guitar teacher said of my approach to the guitar. Not that I'm offended, it's brought back that memory. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Graeme1988

This is kinda how I've been feeling lately...

Also, I came up with a drum beat for a song collaboration the other day. And the lad I made it for gave me some good feedback and then proceeded to stop messaging me. Hasn't contact me since I sent him the beat. Even though ah asked if he wanted me to add more to it so it isn't just a 4 minute drum loop. Needless to say, I don't know if I should be concerned that I'm about to go uncredited for my contribution? Hopefully, the other lad who's asked me to collaborate with him on a song won't do the same.

Though, I don't see that happening with Bella - the lassie I'm also collaborating with - as she actually wants to work with me.

Graeme1988

πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ Well, don't I feel like a right idiot.

The person I was referring to in muh previous post β€” the one I sent that 4 minute drum loop tae β€” messaged me last night via WhatsApp, telling me now that he's changed his mind about it.

Y'know, despite giving me positive feedback on it initially. Oh, and after a 2 month delay, he finally feckin' telt me what he has in mind in terms of what he wants stylistically. Yet, had he 🀬kin' telt me that to begin with, like the other 2 did when I asked them what kinda song are ya looking to make, I wouldn't have wasted my weeknights this week trying come up with summit. When I hadn't a clue what style to write in, what instruments had to be used. Nuthin' !

Aside from a voice message asking what ideas ya got, dawg?
🀬kin' lazy ! Urgh!

Graeme1988

Kinda unsure of myself at the moment. Wondering if I'm just a talentless hack? πŸ˜” 😟

One of my song collaboration just slipped through my hands, and I wasn't even told until I got back in touch with the person recently. Don't even know if they still want to collaborate with me. They said they did, but I'm kinda doubtful that'll be the case now. And I'm afraid to ask, because I think the fact I kinda let them down has made the answer kinda obviously.

Graeme1988

So, I've decided not to pack it in as far as making music goes. Even if that song re-write falling through did make me question why and if ah should continue making music. Y'know... self-doubt. lack o' confidence. Imposter syndrome. The usual pish...

Anyway, here's a few ideas that I made in the last month or so...
https://soundcloud.com/song-connery%2Fsets%2Fmore-ideas
And here's a weird - go figure! - guitar riff that I accidentally came up with today. I'm not sure if it's useable, though? :unsure:
https://soundcloud.com/song-connery%2Fguitar-riff-idea

Graeme1988

So... Here's an unexpected but interesting update regarding my music.

A rapper reach out to me a few days, saying they want to sample this guitar riff idea, but ah huv'nae replied yet:
Of course I'm going to let them sample it, like. Yer feckin' right ah um!

Am just wondering: would it'd be super c_*ty o' me to ask β€” upfront β€” for a songwriting credit due to contributing the guitar riff that'll be sampled? As well as asking for a cut of any money, if they plan to monetise the finished track? :unsure: Ah mean: it is my guitar riff at the end o' the day.

I'm just thinking that ah don't want to give away for free, even if ah do end up developing the riff into my own song.

Or should I just go: "Aye, sure. Here ye go, pal"?

SoScared

So... Here's an unexpected but interesting update regarding my music.

A rapper reach out to me a few days, saying they want to sample this guitar riff idea, but ah huv'nae replied yet:

Of course I'm going to let them sample it, like. Yer feckin' right ah um!

Am just wondering: would it'd be super c_*ty o' me to ask β€” upfront β€” for a songwriting credit due to contributing the guitar riff that'll be sampled? As well as asking for a cut of any money, if they plan to monetise the finished track? :unsure: Ah mean: it is my guitar riff at the end o' the day.

I'm just thinking that ah don't want to give away for free, even if ah do end up developing the riff into my own song.

Or should I just go: "Aye, sure. Here ye go, pal"?
You go: "Aye, sure. Here ye go, pay pal"?