got fired

Flanscho

Since two years I work for a company creating websites and ads, as a programmer. Today, they approach me, saying that they don't have any projects in near time that require a programmer, and that they will use more often default solutions. And that they can't really afford having someone here, who has nothing to do most of the time. So I'm fired. I can still work here on february and march, and then I'm out. They liked my work, so they'd hire me on demand when the need arises for single projects. They also found a company that is interested in having me work for them from home.

Meh... :(

Just last year I moved out of the cheap flat I shared with others. And now? Gah....

KiaKaha

Banned
That sucks. But at least they have tried to find some work for you - and it sounds like you have some pretty good transferable skills..... just a set back, I am sure you will get back on your feet in no time... :)

Flanscho

I don't know. The good thing is:
- I had the feeling of not progressing in this job
- they will give me a good résumé
- I get my salary two more times
- the government will pay me 2/3 of my salary for one year, and after that as much as I just need to live, until I find a job

Still...

1BlackSheep

I'm sorry that you're losing this job, Flanscho. :sad: It may just mean that there's another better job around the corner for you! But, it's not easy starting over. Sounds like you've got skills that are in demand now so you'll likely land another job in short order. :)

jaim38

That's sad to hear. But it's good that your employer referred you to another company. Working from home could be even better if you get that job.

WishingICould

I'm sorry. :( It sounds like you have a good chance of getting another job though. A lot of people don't have that.

ImNotMyIllness

Sorry to hear that you were let go. At least they gave you a couple month heads up and a possible position with another company. Usually when you get fired, you're gone the same day.

It still sucks but this could open a whole new set of opportunities for you. :)