Got a job

dannyboy65

I recently applied for a job and got an interview Tuesday. Today they called back and told me I have the job. I'm a runner at a restaurant. I'm a little worried but I am feeling pretty confident I can do it. I've never been a runner before and I'm sort of happy to experience this.

Any tips for me?? :)

slimjim119

Good luck dannyboy. I don't have any tips for you because I never worked in a restaurant. I'm sure you'll do fine.

ImNotMyIllness

I worked as a Server before at a restaurant. My tip to you is not to stress out. Expect to make mistakes. Everyone does. The person taking the order makes mistakes, the cook makes mistakes and the server also makes mistakes. In the restaurant business, "mistakes" happen ALL the time, so don't take it personal or get too upset.

Congratulations!

Hey, that's great, Danny. Good for you.

NotMyIllness' advice is very good indeed. Solid advice. How you deal with mistakes and how you solve problems is actually more important than trying to prevent them. If you can prevent them, sure, go for it, but when they happen don't sweat it.

In addition some simple things; get plenty of sleep as it really does help keep you strong and motivated, and also eat something before you leave (even if just a sandwich or bowl of cereal.) Working with a growling empty stomach can be incredibly demotivating.

And lastly, don't forget to periodically reward yourself for doing a good job and sticking with it. Just treat yourself to something nice every now and then.

Last edited:

dannyboy65

Thank you guys for the support I am excited to start my new job, but I am still nervous but I feel I can get the hang of it.