Good night... Doesn't feel right...

RedRibbons

Very frustrating. If people don't say things with the right tone, I automatically think something is wrong.

Is that an OCD thing? Do others with OCD feel this way when talking to people??

If my friend doesn't say good night with a happy tone, I think something is wrong or he's upset or something bad... :/

This is really frustrating as I get very anxious and jump to a lot of conclusions, generally negative ones.

So, OCDland or insecurity? Or maybe both? Maybe neither??

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I used to be very bad about misinterpreting the way people meant things. I had to consciously make up my mind that more times than not, I would read too much negativity into things that were harmless, or just perhaps at worst, misspoken.

The thing I have trouble with now is accidentally saying things in a tone or manner that doesn't convey what I mean and then being concerned over whether I hurt someone. The other day I worded something to someone weird, but I didn't have time to re-word it right then and stress to them that I wasn't being curt or rude. I could tell it hit them awkwardly by the way they responded.

Like I said, it was a rushed moment, and I didn't have time to smooth it over, so I ended up thinking about it on and off all night last night. Ha Ha

Things were fine today though, so either I made more out of it than it was (What!?!), or they just knew that I misspoke.

FOR REAL

Banned
Good Night!:D[/QUOTE]

good night :D

fk ive made an ass of it again!

anyway i hate "morning" when someone sais "good morning" i just feel like telling them to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not say that

thats me keeping toned down!

Last edited:

Harleyq

i hate "morning" when someone sais "good morning" i just feel like telling them to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not say that

thats me keeping toned down!

...I do that, lol. I try to say "morning" cheerfully, though. I don't like it when someone greets me with tired indifference as if I've just annoyed them. I guess that's me being overly sensitive.

JCS008

It's both OCD and insecurity. OCD just spikes things like crazy. Our minds will ALWAYS overanalyze and overthink every situation down to the narrowest details. I know for me sometimes I've broken down situation and analyzed every little detail just to assure myself things are Ok and not as bad as I may feel.

I am the same way. If I say something to someone i dont know that well or at all, and they say something that I perceive as "not the right tone" I automatically think that they are annoyed with me, or don't want to talk to me anymore, which in turn, frustrates me and makes me not want to talk to anyone else for the entire day.

I believe that this happens to most people with ocd because of our need to over-analyze EVERYTHING.