Going to school

Benatom

Its the second day of school tomorrow and I'm to afraid to attend the classes. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice that they could give so that I don't have to skip class.

x000x

Tomorrow I have to go back to school. It will be the first day of my senior year. I'm really nervous right now and I don't want to go, but there's no way to get out of it. I'm in the same situation you are in. Maybe some one will think of some thing that will help us out.

chris87

Just wondering...what is it specifically that makes you uncomfortable? Is it having new teachers? Being around a lot of people?

Tab

I have to go back to school tomorrow too. My 3rd year at university which means only 1 year left. I really really really don't want to go back at all. I hate being around all these people I don't interact with. I hate the work too. I put anything related to school off until the last minute. Hell I haven't even looked at my schedule yet!

I'd like to skip too but I know if I do its just gonna be that much worse. If I quit now the last 2 years were for nothing. I'm just going to try and not think too much about it. Once I get going again it won't be as bad as I feel it will be. Even though it is still pretty bad :roll:

chris87

Tab said:
I have to go back to school tomorrow too. My 3rd year at university which means only 1 year left. I really really really don't want to go back at all. I hate being around all these people I don't interact with. I hate the work too. I put anything related to school off until the last minute. Hell I haven't even looked at my schedule yet!

I'd like to skip too but I know if I do its just gonna be that much worse. If I quit now the last 2 years were for nothing. I'm just going to try and not think too much about it. Once I get going again it won't be as bad as I feel it will be. Even though it is still pretty bad :roll:

Wow, I know exactly how you feel! The work for each class can be so annoying. I don't like having to write essays, do assignments, take finals, etc. I, also, am always putting everything off until the last minute.

strawberrybrunette

It was my first day of sixth form college today. I didn't really enjoy it (though i did enjoy my photography class) - but, speaking to everyone else, neither did they. It was so chaotic and confusing, it's going to take everyone a little while to settle into it - then maybe i will enjoy it. I did, however, suprise myself a bit by being far more talkative than usual - and without forcing myself. It sort of came naturally. I don't know. It's early days yet to make a judgement as whether i'll be able to stick it out or not, but a least i got off to a reasonable start.

Richey

I'm the same and there is a whole group in this new course i've taken that get along so well that its tricky to focus on the work in class because somebody yells out a comment and i'm trying to think of something to say or if its for me, and our teachers are so non-interested in the work, there is no real guidance and the work is a bunch of blurred slides and your asked to 'type this', without any meaning or concept behind it, the assignments are so vague and unhelpul too ...

i'm thinking of changing into a different course, but am unsue ...

ive skipped a few classes so far mainly because i live so far away from campus, its easy to wake up and just not go, something i need to stop doing

dottie

one thing that has helped me keep going to school is to sit near the door. or if i can't sit near a door (like if it's in an ampitheatre type classroom) i sit at the edge of a walkway. then if i have an anxiety attack i can leave asap. just knowing that i am near a door and can easily leave is the only reason why i can keep going. i hope this helps.

oh yeah. if your teacher won't let you sit near a door and you really need to, you can contact the disability center and i'm sure they could help address the situation. i haven't ever done that but it is nice to know the support is there, just in case. fortunately most college classes don't have assigned seating. there are a few controlling teachers who still do it, which i think is total bullshit, being that we are all adults.

good luck! i'm sure you'll be fine!