Glycopyrrolate

like a sir

Hello there, how are you all fellow HH sufferers

Just wanted to ask couple question about Glyco(Avert), So Glyco takes a lot of time to work for me, I would say it takes 4-4.5 hrs to start working after taking it on an empty stomach.

Do any of you take that much time for Avert to start working?

Also, Im kinda confused as when can I start eating, like do I have to wait for the Avert to start working ( in my case 4 - 4.5 hrs ) to eat or can I just start eating after 2.5 hrs after taking avert even though the pill has not taken effect yet?

Thank you all in advance and fight on !

hyp-hi

There is a lot of information Glyco on this forum in past threads. I used to take it, but now I just do inotophoresis. When I did take it, I would mix it with water and take it in the morning with breakfast, although it may work better on an empty stomach. How much of a dose are taking? Have you tried different amounts?

like a sir

Hello there,

Im taking 2mg in the morning, my question was, does it take that long for it to work? I mean i have to wait 4.5 hrs to start working, and the other question was whether I could start eating after 2.5 hrs or I have to wait for it to start working to start eating.

margiehope

Hello there,

Im taking 2mg in the morning, my question was, does it take that long for it to work? I mean i have to wait 4.5 hrs to start working, and the other question was whether I could start eating after 2.5 hrs or I have to wait for it to start working to start eating.

The instructions I got when I started with Avert were to take it an hour before eating or two hours after.

I take a higher dose than you do--or do if I have to--takes at most 2 hours to kick in.

Soy Sauce

There is no set guidelines for taking Avert. Everyone reacts differently and you just have to find what works for you through trial and error.

For me, it took 2-3 hrs to kick in. If I ate a normal sized meal shortly before I took it, it usually wouldn't work at all. I had to take it on an empty or nearly empty stomach.

The effects would last an average of 5 hrs for me. Maybe around the 4 hr mark I would start to notice a decline in the effects.

I would say that once you've figured out how long it takes on average for the glyco to kick in, you can start eating maybe an hour before. The food will still have to make it's way through your digestive system and by the time it reaches your stomach, the glyco will have kicked in. This is just a guess though. I don't really remember how long I waited before eating after taking glyco. No more than a couple hours though.

SweatParty

I take 1mg first thing when I wake up in the morning (empty stomach). I usually only eat a light breakfast or no breakfast at all.

I arrive at work about 1-1.5 hours after waking up, and usually the glyco seems to be kicking in already, because usually I do not sweat at work these days.

In the summer when it's hot, or if I know I am going out to some restaurant for lunch where I could be exposed to heat/humidity longer, or if I know that I'll be working longer hours, I sometimes take another 1mg pill before lunch. It often helps, but occasionally I still sweat later in the day.

I've had less success when trying to take the pill in the afternoon only (i.e. on a Saturday if I am home all morning, then take it before going out in the mid-late afternoon or early evening). Sometimes it helps, but other times I just succumb to the heat/humidity/social situations and start dripping sweat.

like a sir

Oh man i feel your pain when you say you succumb to the heat/social situations i really do, its like us HH sufferers only can understand. I personally have palmoplantar hh and general HH but my general HH is heavily affected by emotions, its so hard to deal with it sometimes. I will be fine just fine sitting at an event and suddenly out of nowhere any thought of preocupation will just kick start my general HH, like its so pathetic i sometimes get mad.
I really wish someday doctors could find a cure for this disease. Ive had good results with 2mg glyco taken in the morning, but for me it takes 4 hrs to kick in. I was wondering if you take your glyco daily? I just feel so free of any worries when I am on glyco. I really want to use glyco daily but im not sure of the long term effects. Maybe some people who take it daily can share their experiences

Thank you tons

husky337

Hey like a sir,

I've been taking glyco daily for about 1.5 years almost straight now and so far so good for me. I haven't done any blood work but I am very observant of my body and the only thing I have experienced with glyco is a dry nose, dry eyes, and a dry throat on occasion but the benefits usually outweigh the sideeffects. Ionto didn't work for me, neither did topical perspirants.

I have very severe HH and live in a tropical climate where the temperature is typically 80 degrees and very humid, so I have to take glyco very carefully or it won't work.

My glyco schedule for effectiveness is typically 4-5 hours before eating and I take the pill on an empty stomach.

So I'll typically wake up at 630am, take my pill then, and go to school and then eat lunch at 1130-12pm. If I eat earlier than that the glyco sometimes just won't work.

For me it is never that the glyco just works OK or works a little bit, for me it is all or nothing where either I'm dry or I'm pouring out my hands and feet. Once I take my pill and eat lunch 5+ hours later, my dryness lasts until I typically go to bed so 10+ hours.

One thing weird that helps me stay dry a lot I've noticed is wearing cotton socks, when I'm barefoot I sweat much more than when I have cotton socks on when I'm on glyco.

Hope that helps.

I also only take 2mg every morning, thats it.

Last edited:

SweatParty

I really want to use glyco daily but im not sure of the long term effects. Maybe some people who take it daily can share their experiences

Thank you tons

I take it usually Mon-Fri (my work schedule), and as I posted above, usually only 1mg first thing when I wake up in the morning (but sometimes an additional 1mg before lunch).

If I know I'm going to be at a party or other social event on a weekend, I sometimes take it on the weekend also. But in general I try to minimize my usage, in case there are any long-term effects, or if my body would ever become resistant to it.

I think most HH sufferers would agree that heat and humidity are very important factors in sweating. Lately I have been in very low humidity climates, and I've had much less sweating. The temperature itself might be 80-90 degrees, but with low humidity, it is a totally different experience. In other areas with high humidity, I could be dripping wet at even lower temperatures (60-70).

Sprawling

For me, high temperatures with either very low or very high humidity that my hands seem to sweat the same. For me it's the heat factor. Same thing applies for me with generalized sweating. My body just likes to heat up. I'd make a good space heater.

like a sir

hey husky,

I totally know what you mean, its so weird. When you use socks, I sweat way less than barefoot. I am pretty sure there must be a reason why this happens, like the material interaction in the skin, somehow reduces the sweat in feet.

Maybe its cause when you are barefoot, you leave space for it to just sweat uncontrolably, but when you are wearing socks, somehow it absorbs the moisture making the sweat glands shut down a lil bit somehow. Sometimes when I start just sweating uncontrollably I put on socks and 30 min laters im dry, but if i take them off it starts again.

Last edited:

like a sir

Hi sweat party(ironic name lol) and sprawling,

Thank for your answers, I really appreciate them!

For me, my general HH ( I have palmoplantar aswell but that seems to be constant) seems to be heavily affected by emotions, and its always usually what I call it a "infinite loop" where I get lil bit nervous because I dont want to sweat, then a lil bit sweat comes out, I get more nervous and then it just goes out of control. This is when Glyco comes in for me, Like I get lil bit nervous while on glyco and I dont sweat, then the cycle like cuts off you know what I mean? Its like "Oh I'm nervous but im not sweating, then I calm down and everything is under control.