Giving Up Hobbies

laure15

I used to draw, paint, and watch a lot of tv but I gave those up because I became busier. I also can't afford to buy more art supplies. I used to read a lot of fiction in high school, checking out books every saturday at my local library, but I don't do that anymore. I actually found better hobbies, such as reading manga and writing my own stories.

JackOfSpades

I've been creating music since I was a teenager, but I basically gave it up today. I was not pleased with what I was able to create. I think I'll try writing, instead. If I do get back into music, it will probably be something more appropriate for a single person to do alone (e.g. playing simple pieces on a guitar), instead of trying to record whole pieces by playing the instruments one at a time.

What are your experiences with giving up hobbies?

It's funny you should say this because I was just watching the Voice, and they were showing how Adam Levine plays drums, guitar and piano, and I was thinking how admirable that is. Made me think of Prince, and even Paul McCartney, who are able to do that also, and be one-man bands.

I gave up chess as a teenager. But recently picked that up again. I gave up writing then, too. I haven't really revisited that though.

Section_31

I used to be heavy heavy into airsoft. I went to shooting competitions, all the major games, battle re-enactments. I was on a team for 4 yrs. Then...i dont know what happened. My enthusiasm just vanished. I miss that side of me.

aNOTfox

I love creating music too but most of the stuff I make is rubbish. But for me thats not really the point, it helps me relax and takes my mind of stress. I'm exactly the same with drawing and painting- I'm not very good but Its more a sort of expression of how I'm feeling at the time. If you enjoy a hobby, don't give it up just cause you think your not good at it, do it because you enjoy it.