giving a notice to all social phobics

Dj SL

If you are suffering for Social anxiety/Social phobia, Avpd, BDD, or shyness all this disorders are social discomfort; Therefore, medicaton is the same. Treatment is the same.

SAD can take you to BDD or BDD to SAD.

hoddesdon

BDD stands for Body Dysmorphic Disorder. It means you have an excesssively negative view of yourself physically. All the comments such as "I am ugly" e.g. on the "Post your Pictures" threads are examples. Person A says "this is my picture, but I am ugly". Person B says "no, you're not, and here is my picture, but I actually am ugly". Person A then says "no, you're not".

Often a particular feature is highlighted. One thing which is seen as less than perfect overshadows everything else which may be really good. That is an aspect of perfectionism, and also black-and-white or rigid thinking (if one small aspect is imperfect then the whole thing is worthless).

Magnifying physical faults is an example of the filter emphasising negatives and taking positives for granted. It is a dimension of unrealistic predictions e.g. how is it possible ever to get a job.

LonelyWonders

BDD stands for Body Dysmorphic Disorder. It means you have an excesssively negative view of yourself physically. All the comments such as "I am ugly" e.g. on the "Post your Pictures" threads are examples. Person A says "this is my picture, but I am ugly". Person B says "no, you're not, and here is my picture, but I actually am ugly". Person A then says "no, you're not".

Often a particular feature is highlighted. One thing which is seen as less than perfect overshadows everything else which may be really good. That is an aspect of perfectionism, and also black-and-white or rigid thinking (if one small aspect is imperfect then the whole thing is worthless).

Magnifying physical faults is an example of the filter emphasising negatives and taking positives for granted. It is a dimension of unrealistic predictions e.g. how is it possible ever to get a job.

Thank you for explaining that. I definitly have experience with that. Don't know if you can say I have that though.

Totally Agree, Sergio!
But I don't know if SAD brought me into BDD, or BDD to SAD?
Guess that's a mistery.

bigcat1967

I know that my mom used to have something like that - but for some reason - it only lasted a short time for her...

Dj SL

Totally Agree, Sergio!
But I don't know if SAD brought me into BDD, or BDD to SAD?
Guess that's a mistery.

It doesn't matter What disorder started first. The treatment is the same,
Because SAD and BDD are related to social discomfort.

If you think you are ugly, you will look ugly on the mirror.
If you think you are pretty, you will look pretty on the mirror.

And honestly as a 22 year old guy I think you are pretty.

Life is too short to waste time thinking on irrational beliefs. be happy. :)

go strong; you can do anything you set your mind to.