Girl I'm seeing anxiety

dannyboy65

Well I'm seeing this girl and it's going great. We get a long and it's been a fun journey so far. I'm just a little anxious because she is pretty popular. For instance when we go out she usually runs into someone she knows. I'm really happy she has so many friends. It's just it makes me a little anxious because I'm not a very popular guy and don't want her friends to think I'm a creep. Like she thinks I'm amazing and that's all I should care about but I want to make a good impression on her friends too. I don't know it's just a little thing I'm scared of.

F0AM

"I want to make a good impression on her friends too" You shouldn't worry about that really:

1- The person you care about already thinks you're great right?

2- Just be yourself because i think you have a lot of good qualities, don't try to force giving a good impression by being someone you are not, that won't work and is a waste of energy and time

3- What could be a better impression than making their friend (this girl) happy?

4- She already knows about your autism so there's nothing to be afraid of :)

5- just be nice, enjoy your time together and put some interest in knowing her friends a little, who knows, maybe they could be your friends too! (she's a nice girl, right? then i don't think she would have as a friend a horrible person)

BTW what do you think a creep is?

dannyboy65

"I want to make a good impression on her friends too" You shouldn't worry about that really:

1- The person you care about already thinks you're great right?

2- Just be yourself because i think you have a lot of good qualities, don't try to force giving a good impression by being someone you are not, that won't work and is a waste of energy and time

3- What could be a better impression than making their friend (this girl) happy?

4- She already knows about your autism so there's nothing to be afraid of :)

5- just be nice, enjoy your time together and put some interest in knowing her friends a little, who knows, maybe they could be your friends too! (she's a nice girl, right? then i don't think she would have as a friend a horrible person)

BTW what do you think a creep is?

She has great friends and I don't know just most of my life people said I am creepy. I don't think they do now but it left that impression on me, you know?

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
It's definitely a fear I've had in the past, and one I'll still have, but I find at the end of the day friends just want their friends to be happy, and if the girl you're seeing is happy that'll be enough for them. She'd definitely fight your case, and probably talks you up when you're not there. My opinion of my friends girl/boyfriends will largely be influenced by what they tell me. I'll meet the person and see what they're talking about, but I know they know them better and really, what I really care is what he or she thinks of him. If he's happy I'm happy for him, if not, I'm not. I imagine the friends of the girl you're seeing are probably similar.

dannyboy65

It's definitely a fear I've had in the past, and one I'll still have, but I find at the end of the day friends just want their friends to be happy, and if the girl you're seeing is happy that'll be enough for them. She'd definitely fight your case, and probably talks you up when you're not there. My opinion of my friends girl/boyfriends will largely be influenced by what they tell me. I'll meet the person and see what they're talking about, but I know they know them better and really, what I really care is what he or she thinks of him. If he's happy I'm happy for him, if not, I'm not. I imagine the friends of the girl you're seeing are probably similar.

Well one of her friends told me they hope I date her cause I treat her well and have a big heart which was nice to hear.