Getting bored with life

dannyboy65

I'm not bored that I want to die. I'm just bored of my everyday life. I wake up, go to college, go home, repeat. On weekends I play video games and on occasion hangout with people.

I noticed though that recently something I've really wanted to do was start to travel. Thing is I'm scared of a lot of things, I wouldn't know how to get on a plane or what to do after I got off. The idea of going somewhere more busy is sorta freaky but exciting at the same time.

Where I live it's quiet and nothing ever big happens. Our crime is low, we don't have dangerous wildlife, and it's generally peaceful. Yet something in me wants to explore the world. I want to see things I'll remember for a life time. I want to have a great life and what I'm doing right now feels like it'll never end.

Rawz

I agree. I'm in the same place. I really want to travel. I really like traveling by car. You get to see all the sights along the way and you stop off at many places along to way.

I live in a safe place too and have lived a sheltered life, so I have very little experience. Traveling seems like it could be dangerous for me, but I would really like to do it.

dannyboy65

I agree. I'm in the same place. I really want to travel. I really like traveling by car. You get to see all the sights along the way and you stop off at many places along to way.

I live in a safe place too and have lived a sheltered life, so I have very little experience. Traveling seems like it could be dangerous for me, but I would really like to do it.

Exactly when you live in seclusion and safety your whole life your scared to move out of that bubble you made.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
All I can say Dannyboy is DO IT! Travelling is the best, most liberating thing.
About a year ago I went to New Zealand and did all sorts of awesome stuff like bungy jumping, skydiving, drove a Ferrari and Lamborghini around and went on a 5 day hike through the Milford sound. It was the best time of my life.

I'm planning to go to Vietnam for 30 days this time next year and it's not too expensive. I plan on going with a tour group for smaller groups, no more than 10-15 people. Go Adventures or Intrepid Travel are the tour companies I'll go with.
Something happens to you when you travel.. you find yourself and you can find happiness too :)

Rawz

About a year ago I went to New Zealand and did all sorts of awesome stuff like bungy jumping, skydiving, drove a Ferrari and Lamborghini around and went on a 5 day hike through the Milford sound. It was the best time of my life.

Wow, that sounds awesome. I would love to do that.

Do you have any advice for someone wanting to do that, but not knowing where to start?

I think I might have seen something about traveling on Milk the Pigeon that was helpful. I'll have to try and find that...

PugofCrydee

Wow, that sounds awesome. I would love to do that.

Do you have any advice for someone wanting to do that, but not knowing where to start?

I think I might have seen something about traveling on Milk the Pigeon that was helpful. I'll have to try and find that...

I would say start dreaming of where it is you actually want to go. Don't put any limits on yourself to start with. Use the web, it's the most helpful tool I've found.
What sort of holiday do you prefer? sightseeing? Historical? Nature?
Maybe you're not sure at this point. What got me started was I was watching the Lord Of The Rings movies and I fell in love with them so much, I wanted to experience the walking/hiking part that Frodo and Sam did. New Zealand was the perfect location. I just planned it from there.

I guess money is the biggest factor for most when planning a holiday. But if you look around you can actually get some really great - and cheap deals.

Just about an hour ago on TV I seen a holiday from Australia to China for 13 days, all tour costs, most meals, all high standard accommodation's, English speaking guides and ..international return flights for... $2299! I mean, that's a pretty good deal in anyone's language :)

If I wasn't saving for Vietnam I would have booked it myself as China is on my 'to do' list.
I'm going to Vietnam and joining a small tour group as I'm inexperienced in international travel at this point, its a good way to get my feet wet :)

I'd ideally love to have a travel buddy who just wants the same as I do - to just travel to see the sights, taste the foods, walk in the forests and mountains.. no pubs or clubs. Having someone with you that is enjoying it as much as me, now THAT.. would be awesome!

NamiraWilhelm

Ugh I so want to travel too. Like just set off to France and move around Europe. I'd be so nervous to do that on my own though.
The big issue is possibly money though...

dany

If you dream at doing something, the only thing/one that can really stop you from doing it, is YOU! Stop bringing up excuses of why you can't do it and just start planing for a trip. My advice is to start small, like going somewhere not that far away from your home.

Going in distant countries is something you should do after you have been in a few in country travels. You need to get used to traveling so you can get familiarized with being on the road and seeing new places, new people.

Work on realizing your dreams and they will come true!

StandingJelly

Reminds me of a poster I've seen:
you_dont_get_to_say_im_bored_posters-r3111f5ee750647f3a7349f801d495404_wve_8byvr_512.jpg

The best thing is that you sound like you have a dream, a goal, which is something you can work towards.

Its better than not knowing what to do with your life, I've been there, it was the worst.

PugofCrydee

If you dream at doing something, the only thing/one that can really stop you from doing it, is YOU! Stop bringing up excuses of why you can't do it and just start planing for a trip. My advice is to start small, like going somewhere not that far away from your home.

Going in distant countries is something you should do after you have been in a few in country travels. You need to get used to traveling so you can get familiarized with being on the road and seeing new places, new people.

Work on realizing your dreams and they will come true!

Exactly! great advice. One major problem people come up against is that they just don't know where to start. I say just dream of where you want to go. That's the best place to start.

Sacrament

Reminds me of a poster I've seen:
you_dont_get_to_say_im_bored_posters-r3111f5ee750647f3a7349f801d495404_wve_8byvr_512.jpg

The best thing is that you sound like you have a dream, a goal, which is something you can work towards.

Its better than not knowing what to do with your life, I've been there, it was the worst.

True. Often times when we say we're bored, we're actually just bored with ourselves, and not necessarily with the world.