Getting back with an ex

Omega

So heres the story.
A few years ago I met a girl, but having severe socia anxiety I didnt talk to her.
I stumbled across her on facebook and decided to add her, but sitll we didnt talk.
Last year I started posting things and she would show interest in my posts, so I decided to talk to her.
I connected with her like nobodybefore, it was like I didnt have anxiety at all, we talked all the time about everything, so I invited her out and we ended up getting together pretty soon.
Unfortunately soon after we were seperated by our choices of uni, my paranoia got the best of me and long distance soon failed. She got a boyfriend soon after.
I tried dating other people but it doesnt matter what happens, I always end up missing her.
I was out with her the other day and we were talking about our short relationship, and how it could have become long term easily.
I have no idea what to do, I like her alot and I have no idea how she feels about me. She has a boyfriend still, but I cant help but think theres a chance to get back with her. We both agree that we were the perfect couple if it werent for my anxiety related issues.
What do I do?

Capsaicin

If she has a boyfriend, it's not happening. Put those fantasies out of your mind and don't torture yourself with them.

JohnnAY

Yea what capsaicin said. She's clearly moved on, you probably should too. There's really no easy way to do it; I still think of my ex from time to time. I'd say just try to keep yourself busy and try not to compare your subsequent dates to her.