Genetic Dead End & The Killer Of A Bloodline

Ashiene

As a Chinese male, one of the most important obligations I have is to ensure the survival and continuity of my bloodline and my heritage. My recorded bloodline and heritage (from my mother's side) stretches all the way back to a Hakka village in China, almost two hundred years before my ancestors visited this country and were the first settlers here in early 1800s (during the founding years of my country).

I am the only male left in this generation. My only sibling is female, my only maternal cousins are also female, which means the huge responsiblity to ensure the bloodline and family name does not die out is mine alone. In Chinese culture, the family name is very important and highly respected, which is why we put our family and our family name before our given name.

Every year, my relatives ask me about a girlfriend or plans to get married in future. Every year, as I grow older, it gets more urgent and forceful. This year, for the first time in 23 years (since I was born), I did not pay my respects or visit my relatives during Chinese New Year. It is a shameful disgrace to not pay respects or visit relatives during CNY (where unmarried ones like me also get hongbao or red packets which contain money from relatives). I stayed at home this year during CNY because I simply cannot stand the questions, probing and frustration of my relatives anymore.

In mainland China, because of 1-child policy, many families sell or give up their female children because females cannot carry the family name in marriage. This is why China has more males than females because families prefer male who can carry on the bloodline, heritage and family name, as females adopt the heritage and family name of their husbands.

So, as someone who has so many mental disorders and who never had a social life, let alone dating or relationship experience, I cannot see how I will ever get a wife. Even if I do, in the rare chance, I do not think I can raise my own children knowing that I am incapable of doing so, and do not want to pass my mental disorders to them as well. My father's side has 3 generations with SAD and I know my children may get it and I do not want them to have this.

This is why I am very sorry that this bloodline and family name will end with my death one day, and everyone will remember me as the shamed, disgraced killer of 20 generations.

ImNotMyIllness

Wow, what pressure!! I'm Caucasian but I have some close chinese friends so I know the cultural and family pressure sons face. Sorry you're in this situation.

There are a lot of women with SA too. Try online dating. As far as having children, I think you made the right decision. That's something you should only do if you really want a family and are prepared to take care of them.

Ashiene

In the rare event that I get married, I have a tough decision to make. Do I choose to end 400+ years of my recorded Hakka heritage with no children, or have children but risk tainting the bloodline and countless future generations of descesdents with this horrible mental disease called Social Anxiety Disorder and others like OCD, Bipolar, etc which I have? If I choose not to have children, I will still be shamed, and my wife might leave me, but if I choose to have children, I know what might happen. My generation is the first known introduction of SAD into my bloodline through my father's bloodline, so I am so unlucky I have to face this dilemma.

ImNotMyIllness

In the rare event that I get married, I have a tough decision to make. Do I choose to end 400+ years of my recorded Hakka heritage with no children, or have children but risk tainting the bloodline and countless future generations of descesdents with this horrible mental disease called Social Anxiety Disorder and others like OCD, Bipolar, etc which I have? If I choose not to have children, I will still be shamed, and my wife might leave me, but if I choose to have children, I know what might happen. My generation is the first known introduction of SAD into my bloodline through my father's bloodline, so I am so unlucky I have to face this dilemma.

There are women that DON'T WANT CHILDREN EITHER. Find a woman that doesn't want to have kids.

JohnnAY

Do I choose to end 400+ years of my recorded Hakka heritage with no children, or have children but risk tainting the bloodline and countless future generations of descesdents with this horrible mental disease called Social Anxiety Disorder and others like OCD, Bipolar, etc which I have?

Do what makes you feel happy. In all honesty, it's fine, really...

Crowds_zpse9468e03.jpg

rosewood

Ashiene,
i had a very good friend who was from vietnam, but was chinese descent. his family worked with him to find him a wife by going through a matchmaker. i loved him, he was amazing.

but he grew up in vietnam, so it was something he was already accustomed to as an concept. is this an idea that sounds appropriate to you? or is it too weird?

i do understand the pressure because his family was always pressuring him. there was no way they would let anything happen between he and i. they wanted pure chinese kiddos.

my heart goes out to you, good luck with this. just know, you are not alone in this, as i know there are novels written by chinese americans describing this very issue. amy tan is one...she talks about the strain of straddling both worlds.

not sure if this was helpful at all, just know i am pulling for ya.

ImNotMyIllness

I don't know why, but for some reason I was under the impression you were Hispanic o_O Not that it matters, but that is how I pictured you. lol. Must have misinterpreted something you said or something.

In chatbox, I once said Hola...LOL! I've been waaay off myself. I use to think Cowboy up was a Chinese woman. Turns out, she's a redhead.

I've also been mistaken as female but I've confused genders on here as well!

Lea

Banned
And so what, things have to happen naturally, if they don´t, they don´t and probably it´s the way it is destined to be. Nothing can go indefinitely, things arise and perish, but the world goes on. And it´s so overpopulated, who cares about one perished bloodline. Btw they shouldn´t complain if things like this happen, they kill out the girls and then expect every male to find a wife to carry on with their bloodlines.