Gay with SA

When my SA first started I thought I was straight. Then around the 9th grade I thought I was bi (Those sexy senior football players teehee :D) Then by the time I was in the 12th grade I knew I was totally gay. I even told a few people who didn't know me personally that I was gay, and got varying levels of acceptance.

Having SA is really making coming out for me difficult. During my first counseling session I told the lady that I was gay ,and she thinks later down the road Ill have to tell my family. I believe that will be best because I do want to be honest with them about it.

Im also a little worried about whether Ill actually be able to find love while dealing with SA. Any other folks in this situation?

WeirdyMcGee

Congrats on figuring out your sexuality, at least!
I couldn't begin to understand on a personal level how it feels, though.
I've had plenty of friends who came out to me before their families because they were afraid of rejection.
My uncle didn't tell his mother and father that he was gay and had been in a relationship with a man for 12 years until he was 35 -- but grandma and grandpa knew (as much as grandpa didn't like it because he's old fashioned and homophobic- he still accepted it) and grandma just laughed and gave him a hug and said; 'does it feel better to be honest?'

I can't say much else than that, but you do have the forum's support at the very least!

Stay positive and I'm sure you'll find a partner soon enough-- someone who understands your SA, even!

Kat

I think love and SA mix fairly ok it makes it a bit difficult to express how you truly feel. The person I am with makes sure I tell him how I feel I am a person that tends to with draw but he can pick up on the signals just keep looking and I’m sure you will find someone. :)

Foxface

A lot of times, I wish I was gay. I think there is nothing wrong with it. It's just part of you that makes up who you are.

I am sorta bisexual in a way.

Bustn Justin

At 24 I realized I am bisexual and it makes my SA harder to deal with since people don't accept it. Coming out to my faimly forget it. My parents told me that why don't want to ever hear that I am anything but striaght.

All I want is to be able to love someone and don't care if its a male or female.

When treating my SA, my sexuality is one other isssue that I need to accept and deal with before being comfotable with people. I am afraid once a good number of people know then they are going to think of me differently and I have to prove myself again to prove I am nothing different.

A couple of friends know becuase I was really drunk and was able to just come out with the truth. I am glad that they are cool with the whole thing. Maybe becuase they are straight and think that there is more women for them.

Foxface

Love is love, Weither it ba a guy+guy, guy+girl or girl+girl.

I father dosen't understand it either. He is a realtor and has sold houses to gays and lesbians before. He would not like it if I was.

Getting a girl is almost impossible for me, so I'd rather be gay as a stand more of a chance. I can have feelings for a guy, but their mostly towards girls, too much actually. Girls are my biggest weakness.

Bustn Justin

In my experience I also fear girls but more open to guys. I have found that guys can have as much or even more drama than women. Guys at least are more willing to have sex and don't expect as much from you as a woman.