Fucking Facebook!

recluse

The problem with facebook is that it reminds me how shitty my life is! I've deactivated my account because i'm sick of fucking people who were in school and college with me wanting to add me as a friend, people who were shitty to me. All they want is another fucking name on their list of fake friends to make themselves look ''popular'' these people don't give a fuck about me! A ''friend'' of mine from college, a girl is one example; she never left me a message o'r anything and after i de-activated my facebook she didn't even bother to text me on my mobile, and i know it's because she has more interesting friends than i will ever be, so fuck her and all the phoney bastards on facebook!

Mike87

Privacy settings?

Why don't you just change the privacy settings so that no one can search your name and find you?
Go to Privacy--->Search and change your settings.

alex29

the pictures bother me the most. I see everyone posing with friends in hundreds of pictures and they're all smiling and happy and I'm not anywhere in them. I don't like pictures because of my shyness, and I'm not invited many places because I'm too shy to get more involved. ugh!

recluse

alex29 said:
the pictures bother me the most. I see everyone posing with friends in hundreds of pictures and they're all smiling and happy and I'm not anywhere in them. I don't like pictures because of my shyness, and I'm not invited many places because I'm too shy to get more involved. ugh!

That's exactly what i feel like. This girl who was a close friend she has snubbed me and she promised me five years ago that she'd always be there for me, and i see all the pictures of her having fun with her new friends and the messages they post each other, i feel as if i don't exist, but i can't help checking up on facebook even though it hurts me.

4seasons

I used to have Myspace in high school. My last year of high school i was sitting in the hall reading a magazine alone and these group of girls walked by and started laughing, i herd one of them say "he has myspace". As soon as i got home i deleted it, humiliating. That stuff isn't for me.

Sacrament

The overall IQ of those places (facebook, MySpace) is generally very low. Those places are annoying.

alex29

recluse said:
alex29 said:

That's exactly what i feel like. This girl who was a close friend she has snubbed me and she promised me five years ago that she'd always be there for me, and i see all the pictures of her having fun with her new friends and the messages they post each other, i feel as if i don't exist, but i can't help checking up on facebook even though it hurts me.

i just wish i could enjoy things the way everyone seems to in the pictures. i wish i could document it and have good memories but i just don't allow myself to get into things enough to really look happy :(

Doomed2Die

I have a myspace page :lol: . Though really I do not quite understand what I done to it, and somewhat unsure of it all. I suppose a blank piece of paper with 'Childish Idealist, paranoid, doubter, fool' written apon it says more about me than the page can. I got it after several people said I should set one up a while ago.

The idea of it is ok I guess, but people tend to use it as a way to learn more about someone than the average conversation could not reveal, even though more than a few profiles are a little far fetched.

Eh, I'll remove it maybe in some time. Alot of it is sheer rubbish anyway scawled and cobbled together in my half-sleep dreamwalking half-living half dead semi-manic semi-depressed mostly tired, partly sick state of mind (about 60-80% of my life). Oh and cookies to whoever can guess the url heh.

thequietone

Doomed2Die said:
I have a myspace page :lol: . Though really I do not quite understand what I done to it, and somewhat unsure of it all. I suppose a blank piece of paper with 'Childish Idealist, paranoid, doubter, fool' written apon it says more about me than the page can. I got it after several people said I should set one up a while ago.

Same thing with me. My friends kinda forced me to set one up, and when they went away to college while I stayed at home...it hurts to see all the friends they've racked up, all these pictures and inside jokes written on their walls, it's just proof of how others have moved on. It reminds me that I don't have what all these other people appear to have. You start comparing facebook walls, which is ridiculous. It's another testament to our weird society, that a phony number of random people can make you feel great or terrible, or that an inactive facebook wall could make you hate yourself.

We really just have to let go of this phony ideal, online and offline. I'm sure every single person on facebook and on the planet in general has SOMETHING wrong with them, something that they feel inadequate about.

silentbutdeadly

thequietone said:
We really just have to let go of this phony ideal, online and offline. I'm sure every single person on facebook and on the planet in general has SOMETHING wrong with them, something that they feel inadequate about.

Right on! Couldn't have said it better myself.

alex29

gahhh i just had to log off after looking at some pictures because everyone looked so happy and perfect in them. so confident when I'm not. it makes me feel like crap. :( im sitting here alone for the rest of the night with nothing to do but moan about facebook pictures

xSleepy

wow, i kinda feel the same way. i have myspace and facebook. dont really use facebook, but iv been using myspace for like 3 years. i just cant bring myself to not use it.

i have some family memebers on my myspace and like one friend and then lots of bands. But i dont even talk to anyone on there really. i just like it cause i like decorating my page and stuff. even though i go on it like everyday to see if anyone written me yet....which no one ever does.

and i also find myself constantly looking up my old friends i had and their lives are so much better then mine. they have lots of friends, boyfriends/girlfriends, and just better everything! I dont know why im always looking them up, it just makes me depressed.

LaLaLa

SleepingBeauty said:
and i also find myself constantly looking up my old friends i had and their lives are so much better then mine. they have lots of friends, boyfriends/girlfriends, and just better everything! I dont know why im always looking them up, it just makes me depressed.

yeah, haha. I somehow can't help it either! It's almost as if I like making myself feel depressed over it by staring at their pics and constantly comparing them to myself, wishing I could be like them. :? They all look so happy and confident.

I still secretly log onto facebook to check out other people's pages. :oops: I pretend and tell my friends that I rarely use it. It's not like I have anything to add to my profile anyway.

AsHLeY

Hmmm, I have Facebook and I love the fact that you can just message people and not have to talk to them face to face. You have more time to react to what they say & find something appropriate to write back. It's cool that you can catch up with people from highschool that you actually did get along with.... but you're definitely right about the fake friends, Recluse. The ones that never talked to you or were nasty to you & then they just go ahead & add ya to their page as if you'd actually accept. That's the best time to message them the "Ummm, do I know you? I certainly don't add people that aren't my friends" message. It gets the point across! Not to mention, it's an easy way to tell people that you do get along with a bit about yourself on the interests/activities/fave music etc sections....you could have a lot more in common with certain people than you think!