Frustrated right now.

ShyGuy1994

Please don't judge me while reading this. I know some people on here tell me to go up to people, but I just can't do it. I mean, why is it all on me? I'm afraid of people at my own age. I always sit at a lunchtable waiting for people, but I know nobody's gonna come to me. I feel like nobody on campus likes me at all. I guess the people just don't care about others who are shy, depressed, isolated, all that stuff that we are suffering from. I just wish there was a way to get rid of my SA, because I just can't take it anymore. I'm really sick of it, I can't believe it's almost the end of October, everyone's made their friends already except me. I still haven't made any friends in my classes, afraid to start a conversation with classmates, and afraid to join clubs or events. I don't think a counselor will help me at all, but that's their fault, not mine. I wish I could just start my college life over again to August 20, 2012.

truffleshuffle

Please don't judge me while reading this. I know some people on here tell me to go up to people, but I just can't do it. I mean, why is it all on me? I'm afraid of people at my own age. I always sit at a lunchtable waiting for people, but I know nobody's gonna come to me. I feel like nobody on campus likes me at all. I guess the people just don't care about others who are shy, depressed, isolated, all that stuff that we are suffering from. I just wish there was a way to get rid of my SA, because I just can't take it anymore. I'm really sick of it, I can't believe it's almost the end of October, everyone's made their friends already except me. I still haven't made any friends in my classes, afraid to start a conversation with classmates, and afraid to join clubs or events. I don't think a counselor will help me at all, but that's their fault, not mine. I wish I could just start my college life over again to August 20, 2012.
It can be hard to do man specialy being shy but you can;t sit the whole time and wait. I know how you feel its hard to just walk up and start a convo with people but if you put your self out there even just a little it starts to get a bit eazier. Just take it slow it takes time.

truffleshuffle

It'll probably take me until after graduation to make friends.
Do you have any hobbies or anything like that? Maybe find a club that is about something you enjoy and join it. It might make it eazier to talke to someone and make friends that way. I mean at least you would have something in common at the very least.

truffleshuffle

I play PS3, listening to music, watch tv, browsing on my computer, and I work.
Thats about what I do as well only I can;t play my ps3 anymore it broke:( At school maybe start out by saying good morning to a few people in your classes and work you way up to chatting about more stuff.

MikeyC

Yeah, exactly what truffle said. Counsellors are not supposed to be putting you down, and if they do, they're not doing their job properly.