friendships

whispering_screams

I really need to make some girl friends whom I get along with and can hang out with occasionally. How can I do that???
What do I talk to them about?
There's a few girls I'm getting to know but we aren't hitting it off like it is usually the case with the opposite sex. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Girls seem to think I'm really naive or innocent when I'm just trying my best to be friendly and nice. When I'm not appearing naive, they seem to think I'm stuck up or crazy. What the hell? How much practice do I need before I can just appear natural when I'm in the company of females around my age??? I just want to make a few quality friends. I've gotten some advice from a guy to ask potential female friends questions about themselves and seem interested in what they have to say...I do that already...
What else can I do? I think girls are less trusting of other females and gets competitive real easily.
Sometimes I get really excited about getting to know someone, then only after a couple of meetings, the friendship seem to dissipate along with the newness that comes with getting to know someone.

I know I'm not a boring person or a boyfriend stealing slut so what seems to be the problem??

I miss my best friend from middle school/first two years of high school sooooo much. I've never come close to finding another girl friend like her after all these years. :(

Please offer any advice you may have or post what kind of qualities you look for in a female friend. Thanks!

Azahara

Replay

I only can say to you: be yourself
I´d like help you but I´m a female. Perhaps boys can help you. :cry:

RedRibbons

Wow you sound like me.. lol

I had a best friend in all of elementary school, and the first two years of high school, and then our friendship ended.

I have yet to find another BEST girl friend that I can just hang out with.

I too hit it off a lot easier with guys.. I feel more awkward around girls and don't really know what to talk about..

I ALSO!!! lol Deal with the fact that when I first meet someone it's freakin' great!! Awesome times! And then slowly it falls apart..

I'm not really sure what to do about this either.. I feel that girls judge me, get jealous or paranoid that I'm going to take their boyfriends away, etc. It's really stressful.

I'm assuming it would be good to try and meet girls that are more down to earth, more casual/laid back.. And interested in similar things..

Maybe if you sign up for a course.. Something that you are interested in.. You will find other girls your age there? Try figuring out some questions that would help you decide whether or not the two of you would be a good fit? Like finding out what they like to do, what their interests are, morals, values?! idk..

I don't really have any girl friends.. Just my cousin, and a girl I know here (I don't really know what to talk to her about, ever!).. And all my other friendships with girls I used to be comfortable around have kind of crumbled... for various reasons.

Azahara

Replay

Wispering_Scream
I only can say to you that I have the same problems with men. I have only a good friend (appart from my husband). Fortunately, now I´m beggining to progress ´cause I repeat day after day, different things to practise with men. I meant, I ask questions to unknown men such as: How can I go to...? Is there a bookshop here? I asked them about their pets, I sit down next to them in bus. I make any commentary to a barman, in a football match I ask them What time does the game start? so on. Then, I fill in a graphic my level of anxiey and lenght of this conversation.

When the level of anxiey arrives to 0, then I´ll accomplish others steps such as, inviting one of my husban´s co-worker at home.....I must say to you that is not easy, but you have to be persevering and practise a lot.

Good luck! :D