Forever alone?

Amitush123

Hello everyone,

Sometimes I feel that my difficulty to create and maintain social relations with those who surround me will become an obstacle to meet the one for me, resulting long periods of being completely alone and with a heart yearning to love someone..

I wonder, do any of you feel like this sometimes, too?

Amitush123

Yes. How can one expect to find love if they can't properly interact with those around them.

I always feel like the anxiety is battling with my heart. While the first orders me to avoid every human being and not to look into beautiful girls' eyes, the latte complains that it needs to love someone and that it is lonely.

HappySquidward

I think my need to isolate somewhat strengthens my desire for love. Having had very few relationships, none of which romantic, makes love seem so interesting that I long for it. Almost as if it would be the cure to my social life. But of course, I know that would be very unrealistic.

upndwn

My SA isn't that bad anymore except for a few relapses now and then I seem to function pretty normally in social situation, at least on a superficial level. I just can't seem to form any sort of deeper emotional bonds with people. Anytime I feel like I am getting close to someone it feels like they are pushing me away. Like its OK to be friends and hang out, but if I want anything more than that I instantly get a cold shoulder.

Like this weekend I was out on town having a good time. I meet some people including a girl, and we instantly hit it off. We were having a great time flirting and laughing and I got invited to an afterparty with her and the other people at the table. When we got there I was given a beer and the rest of the people went to bed except for me, the girl and one other guy. I was cuddling with the girl when I had to go to the bathroom. When I came back The girl suddenly left with the guy who had been sitting at our table the entire evening without saying nearly a word.

This is just one example of one of the many times I have been left out in the cold, so unless some miracle happens I feel pretty much doomed to living a solitary existence for the rest of my life.

I don't know. I've had boyfriends before, but I just don't know if I'll ever be in a relationship again, and what will come of it. Ideally I'd like to be married eventually, but I can't if I remain the way I am now.

MikeyC

Like this weekend I was out on town having a good time. I meet some people including a girl, and we instantly hit it off. We were having a great time flirting and laughing and I got invited to an afterparty with her and the other people at the table. When we got there I was given a beer and the rest of the people went to bed except for me, the girl and one other guy. I was cuddling with the girl when I had to go to the bathroom. When I came back The girl suddenly left with the guy who had been sitting at our table the entire evening without saying nearly a word.
Man, this really sucks. ::(: I'm sorry that happened. However, it shows that you can flirt and get close to women, so next time might be more successful for you.

As for me, I'm content being alone. I wouldn't mind a nice girlfriend, but with my sexual anxiety and depression and not-so-cool job, that will be hard to obtain. ::p: I don't think I'll be forever alone, though.