Food intolerance test

Peony

So yesterday, I went for a food intolerance test, I know I've commented on here a couple of times about food etc and no ones really posted back; but I am convinced there's a link..

Anyway, I am totally and utterly addicted to ketchup. I eat it with everything including Chinese food, pasta, spag Bol, everything! And apparently I am intolerant to tomatoes!! Waaa! How will I live? She also said my salt intake was astronomical. I eat a lot of crisps (potato chips) and salt everything. I'm also allergic to tea, coffee, MSG (which crisps are laden with), chocolate, sugar and artificial sweetners, and eggs (eggs are another thing I eat a lot of)

So anyway..... I was wondering if it was linked?

Is there any Foods that you eat in excess? Had your diet always been good? When you were younger etc? I'm not gonna lie, we got a lot of sweets when we were younger and a lot of pre packed meals!

Just interested to see how everyone else's diet was growing up?

Hellhound

Super Moderator
My diet consisted of the same things over and over again. I am repetitive with food. I eat once a day and I don't have a varied menu.

And I have a sweet tooth, so I sometimes eat cakes, chocolate and other things I shouldn't even touch.

Sprawling

I've had HH as far back as age 5. Pretty bad palmer and planter sweating. At age 20 I got mononucleosis and it changed every thing in my body. I was intolerant to food in general. From mono to fibromyalgia. During those early years I got tested for food allergies and was allergic to basically everything. Did any of this make my sweating worse? No.

Maybe in some rare instances diet might and I stress might affect sweating, yet highly doubt it. I truly feel that we have defective nervous systems and with that, it probably has an effect that has something to do with mimicking food allergies. This is my personal experience since having to experience an extreme.

All our bodies are so different and most of us experience unique problems based on ones body design. I remember I would fast for about 3-4 days at a time. This was the only time my body would feel normal. Sweating remained constant, nothing lessened the severity of my dripping hands.

Peony

That's awful. I do think that there is a difference between generalised hyperhidrosis and localized. When I see people with Palmer HH and it's like dripping off, I don't have this at all. The only time I would be sweating to the extent of that would be in humid weather, doing something. Or exercising or driving and getting stressed out, my neck and back would be trickling. But I cn go a whole day without sweating if I'm cool and calm enough. Only if I exert myself or become under pressure, nervous or hot. But then maybe this indicates it isn't a food allergy either. It's very stressful :(