finding inspiration

miserablecow

As a creative person, I am often looking to be inspired, to draw or make something.
I often go to galleries, museums, look at books, architecture etc.

What do you do to be inspired? (not just creative stuff like writing or art, bit other things too)

gustavofring

I usually drink bucketloads of coffee, put on music and start drawing. I think the best way to be inspired is to not wait for inspiration but just start working. Get in the Flow. Get work done.

I'll be starting night work in a hotel soon, so hopefully the pressure of "having to be creative for income" will pass and it will become fun again. I should be a bit more disciplined organized in goal-setting with creative projects. Because there often aren't limits it's hard to not get lost in it. I also struggled a long time with my ADD (trouble focussing) and not finding my style.

Some books that might be interesting:

the-war-of-art.jpg

cover.jpg

SoScared

I used to write a lot of song lyrics. For me there was no concept or big idea. Once the first line randomly came to me I made sure I noted it. The song nearly always followed soon after but they often took a lot of crafting to get right.

I just had to make sure that I always had paper and pencil with me to capture the moment.

miserablecow

Yes, I know what you mean by just start working, but sometimes, I can't do it that way.

I'll sure check those books out...I have read a book called art and fear.

What things do you draw?

I usually drink bucketloads of coffee, put on music and start drawing. I think the best way to be inspired is to not wait for inspiration but just start working. Get in the Flow. Get work done.

I'll be starting night work in a hotel soon, so hopefully the pressure of "having to be creative for income" will pass and it will become fun again. I should be a bit more disciplined organized in goal-setting with creative projects. Because there often aren't limits it's hard to not get lost in it. I also struggled a long time with my ADD (trouble focussing) and not finding my style.

Some books that might be interesting:

the-war-of-art.jpg

cover.jpg