Few questions about S.A.

mustang

1) I've been told people with S.A. have little or no empathy, is this true? Personally, I believe I have TOO much empathy.

2) Is it normal for anxiety to only appear during certain situations? I have panic attacks in classrooms, but not at work, out with friends, or out with family.

3) I have immense fear of talking to some girls. Specifically, the pretty ones that I like. I can talk to fugly girls with no problem whatsoever. This normal?

4) People tell me I'm a ''Nice guy'', ''Good guy'', etc. But I have a feeling I'm only being polite because of my S.A. and I'm afraid of dissapointing and getting into confrontations with people. When I don't have my S.A. and I'm calm, I'm actually kind of a prick; I'll stare people down, glare, bump into people on purpose, tailgate people, cut people off, etc. Anyone else experience this?

-Mustang

These are my answers, not saying they are the correct answers.

#1- I think that's totally untrue because I also see myself as having a little too much empathy

#2- Yes completely normal, this happens to some people. It hs to do with your comfort in the situation. You must be less comfortable in your classroom than you are with your friends. I feel the same way in certain situations.

#3- Yeah, that's normal too. You don't care nearly as much of what the less attractive think of you. I mean it's not like you're trying to impress them or anything. With the ones you like you'd be trying to impress them more since you want them to have a good image of yourself.

#4- I experience this all the time. If someone makes me really mad I'll really want to seek revenge, but I just cannot do it because of the consequences I will face. Although I'd never tailgate people, or bump them on purpose, I still have a feeling toward what you're saying.

Tab

1) I don't think people with SA have no empathy, I think I have too muc empathy for people too

2) I get anxiety i different situations, but it almost always depends on my moods

3) I can't talk to good looking girls either cuz I feel I have absolutely no chance with them

4) When I feel at my best, I do act like a dick a lot too, whether its trying to fuck a round with people or I'll drive a little recklessly too. This is usually amplified when I'm pissed off though, which is a lot

coriander1992

SA is different for everybody, so the answers to those questions will just based on how your SA affects you personally.

I am like you on the empathy point, I have far too much of it for people!

xSleepy

Well yes I feel the same way. Just I get nervous around guy that I think are cute. Or people who intimidate me with their confidence and crap.

And I also have know idea what empathy means. And im too lazy to look it up. So im not sure what I am when it comes to that
:D

mesc000

No we feel way to much, so much so that we begin to over-analyze our emotions in social situations or in conversations with your closest friend. For me I get soooooo paranoid over how my emotions are affecting other people's perceptions of me that I just kinda give up and become really sarcastic or really passive!

Yeah, I find I have trouble talking to or let alone looking at good looking guys in the face. My vocal cords stop working and every interesting or funny remark drops outta by head until I get really silent or avoidant..

coriander1992

SleepingBeauty said:
Well yes I feel the same way. Just I get nervous around guy that I think are cute. Or people who intimidate me with their confidence and crap.

And I also have know idea what empathy means. And im too lazy to look it up. So im not sure what I am when it comes to that
:D

Empathy is a bit like sympathy, apart from you don't feel sorry for the person, more you understand how they are feeling.

That's the best way I can think so explain it :lol:

Kien

I think most SA and similar people have more em- and sympathy than others. (o,o)

Zarrix

1) I've been told people with S.A. have little or no empathy, is this true? Personally, I believe I have TOO much empathy.

i would say so. The infinite nature of the human mind is intimidating. They could be thinking anything , that is scary. We tend to assume negative thoughts though, which isn't a good thing.

2) Is it normal for anxiety to only appear during certain situations? I have panic attacks in classrooms, but not at work, out with friends, or out with family.

Yeah, it is very irrational. You will feel worse in some situations. Everyone is different though, so the amount and nature of anxiety inducing situations varies from person to person.

3) I have immense fear of talking to some girls. Specifically, the pretty ones that I like. I can talk to fugly girls with no problem whatsoever. This normal?

Absolutely. If there is any half decent girl at work watching or trying to talk to me, I begin to go crazy inside. I can't think properly, my heart rate becomes noticable and rises dramatically, I blush easily etc.

4) People tell me I'm a ''Nice guy'', ''Good guy'', etc. But I have a feeling I'm only being polite because of my S.A. and I'm afraid of dissapointing and getting into confrontations with people. When I don't have my S.A. and I'm calm, I'm actually kind of a prick; I'll stare people down, glare, bump into people on purpose, tailgate people, cut people off, etc. Anyone else experience this?

Yep, at home I can be a little like this at times, and also when my anxiety is at it's lowest. Although that being said, I wouldn't be as much of an asshole as your anti-SA self.