feeling ignored

LazyHermitCrab

I was supposed to hangout with this guy. He calls me right before and says yeah I’m tired lets do it a different day, even though he forgot the week before. So I go sure..and then he says give me a picture so I can “use it.” Then i tell him hes unreliable and then he just says that’s fine goodbye like nothing. Been using “stuff” its not working. And I live with my parents who think im too emotional and just tell me to take some classes like the rest of my life. im wasting their money.. sadly feelin overlooked and friends I guess just go don’t waste your time thinking about him. How am I supposed to just turn off and not think about him? I already deleted all his pictures and phone number. Still is hurting like crazy. This keeps happening..hate feeling bad for myself all these years if it someone else they could turn it around somehow..

Last edited:

Honda

Forget him.. I he aint no gentleman... No sane girl would settle for him you don't need such a guy...

lithium

I was supposed to hangout with this guy. He calls me right before and says yeah I’m tired lets do it a different day, even though he forgot the week before. So I go sure..and then he says give me a picture so I can “use it.” Then i tell him hes unreliable and then he just says that’s fine goodbye like nothing. Been using “stuff” its not working. And I live with my parents who think im too emotional and just tell me to take some classes like the rest of my life. im wasting their money.. sadly feelin overlooked and friends I guess just go don’t waste your time thinking about him. How am I supposed to just turn off and not think about him? I already deleted all his pictures and phone number. Still is hurting like crazy. This keeps happening..hate feeling bad for myself all these years if it someone else they could turn it around somehow..want to do something..but theres no more energy inside

This guy sounds like a straight-up asshole. I know loneliness is a bitch, but it doesn't sound like someone like this is worth company. I can relate to this situation. The truth is, you can't just turn off and not think about the person. I can tell you from experience, I still have trouble forgetting about my 1st girlfriend from 2 years ago. It still hurts after all that time. The only way to cope with this is to get active. Go out and run, exercise, read a book, do something to keep your mind pre-occupied and eventually, you'll forget about him. A busy mind, is a happy mind, or something like that. When you say you've been using "stuff", I hope you're not referring to drugs. Once again, I can tell you from experience that drugs only help temporarily. When this ex-girlfriend pain was really strong, I turned to marijuana, and I got addicted. I started doing it daily and it was the only thing I looked forward to. Getting high. It's a vicious cycle. However, I apologize for assuming and being wrong if you're not doing drugs.

Last edited:

LazyHermitCrab

This guy sounds like a straight-up asshole. I know loneliness is a bitch, but it doesn't sound like someone like this is worth company. I can relate to this situation. The truth is, you can't just turn off and not think about the person. I can tell you from experience, I still have trouble forgetting about my 1st girlfriend from 2 years ago. It still hurts after all that time. The only way to cope with this is to get active. Go out and run, exercise, read a book, do something to keep your mind pre-occupied and eventually, you'll forget about him. A busy mind, is a happy mind, or something like that. When you say you've been using "stuff", I hope you're not referring to drugs. Once again, I can tell you from experience that drugs only help temporarily. When this ex-girlfriend pain was really strong, I turned to marijuana, and I got addicted. I started doing it daily and it was the only thing I looked forward to. Getting high. It's a vicious cycle. However, I apologize for assuming and being wrong if you're not doing drugs.

sorry about your experiance, it would be great if there was a way to turn off. keeping yourself busy definately helps. even when using a substance it's like you're still thinking about it clearly even though you feel differently at the same time. wasn't using drugs though, started drinking because it was the closest. it helped avoid calling and asking why did you turn like this kinda thing.. hope you find someone awesome!

206Raider

Yeah you don't need him. Sounds like an asshole to me and you can find somebody better. I know all too well about the hurt and trying to erase them from your mind and it's not easy and realistically you can not, but try and keep yourself active. I wish I could say more but I can't even always listen to my own advice, but things will get better.

reslo

i had a "friend" like that too. I would call and ask hey you want to hang out- only they would tell me no (because they're too lazy), which really hurt. We would only hang out when the "friend" initated it, and it had to be with his friends at the places he wanted to go to. I finally told them I didn't want to hang out anymore (we'd known each other for years) and we haven't spoken since... it's been about 8 months.

It hurts, but you're better off! Some guys thrive on being jerks- they know that they get more attention by being a jackass than by being nice, so they do it on purpose (at least that's how my "friend" was) and if they can find a reason to reject someone, they'll take it. (And me being of low self-esteem, I took it for years, waiting like a dog for scraps- because every once in a while, he'd be nice or pay me a compliment.)

The biggest thing you can do is learn from it, and realize that you do deserve friends who will give you the common courtesy of their time. And you deserve more, and you should congratulate yourself that you had a backbone and let him know that his behavior wasn't ok. You don't have to wait around for him anymore. If there's something you want to do, do it without him. It may take time, but definitely redirect your efforts towards people to people who'll give you the same in return!