feeling embittered

N0D

Banned
No he's me. :mad: Get your own clone.

I quit college after last fall semester cause I felt like I was wasting my time. I still feel as though it would be a waste of my time and I am pretty sure that isn't an unreasonable way to feel, but now I am not going to school and have no job and am just leeching off my parents basically. I am a proud kind of guy and I want to be a respectable person and at this point in time there just isn't anything about me worth respect.

I'm more indifferent towards my parents then you or at least that's how I act. Also, they weren't friends if they deserted you. Same thing happened to me after high school, all these people went off to universities and never looked back. Just another betrayal and further evidence that my inherent distrust of humans is in fact fully justified.

Don't call yourself childish, I am not childish.

fitftw

I'm 26 and in college and feel like I'm just floating in the breeze. I don't want to be a businessman. I don't want to be anything that they offer at school. It is kind of sad that we lack passion for something. The only reason I go to school is because the military pays for it. Oh and I still live at home, too. I sort of disrespect myself, and that makes me disrespect others. Not on purpose though. It just seems to happen that way.

hi KJC,

You're not alone in your bitter feelings. I hope you'll feel comfortable to continue sharing how you feel with us and find some support here.

Feathers

Heh I am sometimes bitter and resentful too.. You can join us in the Eco Anxiety thread over at Anxiety sub-forum :)

I felt like academically most of Uni was a waste of time too.. I did like some of the courses (maybe 5 in whole 4 years..) and then later went to some courses I liked too, some were even free or cheaper for students.. Can you find any free or affordable courses where you are too? They don't have to be for anything but your interest and enjoyment! Like Steve Jobbs I think went to take random interesting classes, like calligraphy - and that's partly what made Apple computers such a success!! :) (At least that's what Barbara Sher writes in Refuse to Choose...)

Know many jobs can be created or start to exist later on.. As the world changes.. Or you can create them yourself, find your niche.. (Even if you don't know it now..) You guys are lucky to be so young..

Parents can be escaped when you move out on your own, and you can make new friends.. Even if it doesn't seem possible at the time.. I've seen it happen..

KiaKaha

Banned
Thats how I feel too. Why BOTHER with other people if all you do is get treated like crap no matter what you do?

People are far to complicated and stupid to bother with most of the time. Its sad that the only people I seem to be able to relate to, are the ones I meet online.

Rant, rave and so forth....

Last edited: