Feeling down

Angel_Of_Death

I've come so far...from where I was before. I've improved on some important aspects in my life within the last couple of years, in terms of getting on the right track to get a university degree, finding a nice student job which gives me good flexible hours and an GREAT salary, a job I've held on to almost an year now, something I've never been able to do before, and I've also gotten in a great physical shape due to hard training at the gym.

But still I feel empty inside. SA is my major problem, and it will stand in my way to get my degree, keep my job and find a women I desperately need.

Like most of you, I have my good days and I have my days. It seems that i have to climb a mountain to get to a point where I am feeling OK, but then one small thing happens and it knocks me out cold and make me feel depressed.

Tonight, I went out with some friends...we were having a good time and all of sudden a friend of mine makes a comment about me jokingly, my reaction to it was pathetic and I looked and felt like a complete freak. This killed any of the positive vibe I had built up in the past couple of days....

I wanna live life without SA.
I wanna find my inner peace.
I wanna be confident.
I wanna find some love.

Like sucks!

recluse

Hey i can feel your pain, i feel exactly the same way.

You say that you have improved on aspects of your life, so concentrate on the positives you have achieved...It's taken balls for you to take them steps.

Take care
Recluse

tpdarlo

I know what you mean - you can feel great and then someone can say something that ruins your mood. You have to try and block that thought and prevent if from snowballing and refocus on whatever had you in a good mood. My therapist taught me a technique to calm myself. It's intended to clear your mind when you're feeling anxious, like after you received that comment. You need to take a deep breath, close your eyes then exhale and relax your muscles.

summer

i can really relate to you, i feel exactly the same.
one minute i can be fine and then somthing makes my SA appear again.
i too, also had an argument with my best friend the other day over something pathetic and now she wont forgive me. i have lost my best friend and all my other friends that were in the same circle probably all think im crazy and even if they dont im too embarresed to face any of them now.
i just feel so down and lonely now and its all because of this problem in my head. :cry:

Zarrix

tpdarlo said:
I know what you mean - you can feel great and then someone can say something that ruins your mood. You have to try and block that thought and prevent if from snowballing and refocus on whatever had you in a good mood. My therapist taught me a technique to calm myself. It's intended to clear your mind when you're feeling anxious, like after you received that comment. You need to take a deep breath, close your eyes then exhale and relax your muscles.

I feel the exact same way. Some days Just one negative criticism and im down for the rest of the day. Usually while im down, its better while youre doing your jobs, cause you feel like crap when you get home.

neardeath

the mountain then knocked out cold . . . that's me, too. I just worked many days and made progress only to be knocked out again. It's all out of our control, but the reaction for me is excessive. I don't know what to say other than you are not alone.